One 63 dime and 10 hairs

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
Re: One '63 dime and 10 hairs

That's lovely. I haven't noticed that..yet. I always make sure to wash my hands thoroughly after going through coins though. It's quite nasty. You never know where those coins have been. (I especially hate the coins that have gooey stuff on them)

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1 keeper isn't bad at all out of $160. Just edge hunt the dimes though. :thumbsup:

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town

yeah, i started a collection of those hairs. So far I have about 6 I've saved, real keepers!

white squiggly one 4 inches long
brown straight 3 inches
black curly 6 inches long.
Another white squiggly, 5 inches long
blonde straight, 4 inches.
black squiggly

Are you keeping the hairs? Do you have pics of them?

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I'd say that's a good turn around. I've been through 4 boxes of halves now and haven't seen a piece of silver. Went through a whole box of dimes last month - nada.

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008

Lovely...

...I once encountered a lot of halves that had boogers on them. It was pretty nasty, but as I recal thinking that this was sort of funny.

Anyway, be sure to wear your PPE (personal protective equipment - any power company employees out there?), and be sure to wash your hands.

...lovely.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Ash, those hairs and crap are nasty, ya get those with hand-rolled. Try a box of dimes. I found that they just give the silver up consistently, unlike halves. My 3-month total before I quit in March was well over 100, with 1 silver dime per $150 searched.

.:WoRmKiLleR:.

Mar 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5ID

I would be happy with that one keeper... not the hairs tho thats a little gross....
nice finds :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wk

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007

Not bad for $160. The hairs must be mine. since the silver has been scarce I have been stressing and
loosing it.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007

STDevil said:
Lovely...

...I once encountered a lot of halves that had boogers on them. It was pretty nasty, but as I recal thinking that this was sort of funny.

Anyway, be sure to wear your PPE (personal protective equipment - any power company employees out there?), and be sure to wash your hands.

...lovely.
I would laugh at this but last year I found a roll that looked like it had noodles on the coins
but on closer inspection it was BOOGERS.

OP
OP
Ashdowney

Ashdowney

Feb 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

STDevil said:
Lovely...

...lovely.

I'm well aware of ppe, I work in a lab! I think I might use some gloves for future hunting.

cmhoose

May 2, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett

I once got a box that was loaded with hairs. It was as if someone had shaved some personal areas over their dump bucket, then just rolled them up. It was impossible that it could have been an accident. It was so gross, I didn't even finish them. I just returned the rest rolled. I would hate to be the teller (or cashier) opening those rolls for change. lol

Good to see you are in the hunt now, instead of sitting on the sidelines. I knew it wouldn't take long!

cmhoose

gotgot

Dec 29, 2008

I use gloves when doing my pennies but not the halves. They don't seem to be as dirty.

The pennies are nasty. Every time I finish a box and pull off the gloves, I look at the fingers and go, wow...disgusting....

nice find on the dime!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions