Look what I found in my dump machine!

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
So, I stop in to dump my searched coins into the counter and the greeter at the bank who usually supervises and helps says "you don't have any large dollars in there do you? It won't accept them." I say no and started my dump. Halfway through the half dollar bag was full so he takes care of that and I finish the dump. I always make sure there is nothing rattling in the sorter after I'm done. I hear a rattle so I restart the motor a few times. It wouldn't go thru and it wouldn't come out the reject shoot. I lift the pan and spot a large coin on the spinning wheel. My helper unlocks and lifts the top of the machine and pulls out this...I almost said I will pay you for it, but he just hands it to me. I told him I didn't think it was mine, but he insisted. I thought later that this must happen alot or maybe earlier that day, because they had never told me before the machine wouldn't take large dollars. This is the second time I have found silver at the coin counter in the past two weeks. Last week I found 64 dime in the reject tray at another bank while I was dumping. I don't see a mint mark anywhere. Looks like the O's and S's are key dates.

Attachments

• morgan.jpg
    morgan.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 592
Upvote 0

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find! the mint mark would be located below the eagles feet on the back! nice find either way congrats! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, it doesn't get much better than that! :thumbsup:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009