another day bumpin and grindin *update pics*

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Pics posted...first is a pile of the pics and second pic is the picture of the wrapper markings...are you out there mister 8 / infinity??? So today I'm getting up with the intent of spending the day with my brother. I'm supposed to meet him around noon and we're going to have good, quality, brother time. So before he arrives...I decided nothing can be done except hunting. So I started out at about 9 in some fresh territory. Hit up several banks with nothing to show for it except 1 40%. Yeah right, one more frickin coin for the pile, whoopdie doo. I hadn't been to these banks before, so why am i only finding just one! Well this was a highly travelled area...and people asked for halves a few times a week. I continued on, pushing further north to get to newer territory. The result...intake of someones dumps (another CRHer, marks coins w/ 8 or infinity sign) who had dropped yesterday!!! :angry5: Realizing I'm a day late and a dollar short, I announce it aloud, "I'm throwing in the towel." I'm done! I stop and grab a bit to eat...it's noon, so where's my brother? O, he's just now leaving the house? Well what am i gonna do for a spare hour? I don't want to do banks, i've had too much 'unluckiness' in the area, better to pack up and go home. Nah, not me, I decided WTF, I'll stop at this local bank. Bang, $11 face, another 40%. Yes, the count is now at 2. I doubled my count at this bank, and to all you who always reply....looks like another one for the pile....and the chorus goes..................

Onto the next stop...no more banks, still frustrated and satisfied I had doubled my previous intake, I roll over to dump a load of coins at my local CU. I've never been to this branch, but they gladly accept my coin and dump it. I was dumping nearly $160 in dimes and the remainder (turned out to be 270) in halves. As soon as the teller started dumping, I heard it beep and fill nearly immediately. The nosy person I am, I adjust my body to see the bag. WTF is in that bag? Pennies, Dimes, Nickels Quarters Tokens Foreign coins...all kinds of goodies. My natural instinct was to offer a trade for whatever I'd find in there. So I ask, "Ma'am do you mind if I look through that bag to just exchange coins." She said,"That bag doesn't take dollars..." :BangHead: (what was I dumping again?). I go ahead and say again, "I have several halves in the car...if I could just look through, pull out the ones I want and exchange them that'd be great." She went over to ask the head teller (see usually they seal the bag immediately, and once it's sealed there's no getting it opened, but this was not sealed yet. I also could not buy it because I would have really got shorted, I'm talking shorted like probably $300 worth (no joke there was that much garbage in there!!!!)) and the head teller said yes. SWEET!!!

After glancing at the bag and seeing 66 after 67 staring back at me, I went to my car and pulled out 4 rolls of searched halves. Returning inside, the lady watched me as I picked up handful after and handful and removed the silver ones. I was moving very fast...I was behind the counter, there was a large line and I was taking one of the tellers! But I was effecient, as I went through piles of garbage, crappy tokens, pennies, nickels, etc. The teller was piling them up and counting them as I removed them, and notified me i was 10 coins short of getting my $40. I said, cool...I continued to find them but the pace was dwindling... I gave up at $40 face...+1.50...41.50. Out of the 41.50, I had accidentally dropped a clad which she kept for me, I kept a Dominican Republic medio peso 1967 (it was neat looking), and the remaining 81 coins were silver (bad part...1 90 and 80 40s...the 90 was a WL though!!!). I did all of this in less than 5 mins, which was outstanding I think. Would I have enjoyed more time? Yeah. Did I miss any? I'm almost positive I did. But you know what...I just made sure that that skunk box you were going to get...well maybe it'll have something shiny in it now!!!!

End results...83 silver (3 65s, 10 66s, 36 67s, 26, 68s, 7 69s and 1 1943 WL). Now you can say it officially...a few more for the pile...or maybe a lot!

HH and thanks for listening, what a great experience! Pics will be posted when I'm on a non-vista computer.

~Phrostie.

Attachments

• pile.JPG
    pile.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 301
  • wrapper_mark.JPG
    wrapper_mark.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 294
Upvote 0

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Re: another day bumpin and grindin

Damn Phrostie , that must have been a rush , being able to grab coins as fast as you could move .... WOW ... I would love to get at a bag and leave the garbage behind . As far as the chorus sound that is what I hear when I try to buy bags a multitude of NOs sounds like some boody commercial or whatever . Kudos on a super haul and thanks for writing this interesting post , Ed

OP
OP
phrostie

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Re: another day bumpin and grindin

hey just another thing to try when they won't let you buy the bag. Can't hurt, it worked for me. Make sure to say something before they seal the bag. I have more untouched CUs to try this tactic at!

Good luck and again thanks for reading!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread