Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Change banks!

XX

Jan 11, 2008
You can invoke regulation DD and demand the fee in writing. But the problem with that is when they contact legal, they'll just tell them to not order coins at all.

Best to make them a dump bank as it's harder to refuse your coins.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I don't think it will do any good to try and argue with them about it. Banks can charge whatever fees they want when it comes to ordering boxes (as long as they are not discriminating against you due to your race, gender, etc.).

I had two banks start charging fees after I began ordering boxes from them. I just went to other banks. Occasionally when I was feeling desperate for coins I paid for boxes, because the bank always had 5 to 10 boxes in their vault. Most of the time I actually came out ahead, but this was back 7-8 months ago when there was still decent boxes now and then. I would never pay now in that paying money for skunks would add insult to injury.

If you have a bunch of money in that bank you might be able to get them to change their mind if they want to keep you as a customer though.

Jim

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would look for another bank as well. Good luck and keep us posted.

Ju8vP3t

corey1437 said:
What do i do, i have been only ordering 4 boxes a week from the fifth third bank, only for a few months now, and now they say management want to apply fee's, what should i say and what should i do. I dont find a ton of silver but enough to keep me doing it, but with fees i won't really want to. give me advise here.

If it were me.....I'd just ....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread