First Road Trip for halfs - results

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All week I plotted out how I was going to do my road trip this morning. I looked for the roads with the most banks which were open on Saturday. Around 9:15 I push off and head out. The first few banks I hit dont have much. Nothing but the clad. The fourth one has about $9 worth of halfs and I picked those up. There were 2 40's in there. Pretty happy at that point. I decide to take a little side trip and head further up the road and hit a BOA. They had 6 rolls of halfs so I grab those and put them in my bag. Each time I would get stuck at a red light I would open up one roll and sift through it quickly to see if there was any AG. Not much at this point. Most banks I hit would say, "Well we had some but someone came and got them yesterday." Guess most "non-working" CRH's go out on weekdays anticipating the rush of demand on the weekends. I came up on a few banks in a row and go into each one. Few coins here and there. No rolls so far. The last bank has 4 rolls so I buy them and toss them in the bag. A few more lights, few more rolls opened...nothing. Was getting frustrated at this point so I decide to head back to the house. On the way there was another BOA and stopped. Asked the question, and a teller down the row said he had a roll. He pulls it out, tears the side open and starts scanning the roll. I quickly speak up and say I would like the whole roll. He looks up and tells me he promised a few to another customer and proceeds to pull out a few silver and stacks them on the bottom. He said he would sell me $5 worth and hands them to me. To not make a sceen I take the all clad halfs and walk out. That had me pissed but what was I going to do. I think thats going to be my new dump bank. So long story short, I get home and have three rolls left to open. Walk in, set my bag down and grab the three rolls. Open the first one and its solid silver! Open the second one and its solid except for 1 clad. Open the third one its got 17 of the 20 silver. I almost passed out. All in all here was my count in those three rolls:

64 - 9
65 - 2
66 - 2
67 - 19
68 - 8
69 - 16

Add the two others (a 68 & 69) and totals for today were 58. Not bad for a few hours work! Still would like to get a walker or a ben but I will take these.

Picture attached for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• kennedys.JPG
    kennedys.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did great for the first road trip. :headbang: Now you are officially addicted. >:D

When a teller wants to pick the silver out you can't do much about it. Once I stamped on a bank with hundreds of silver halves but I couldn't get any because the vault teller wanted to keep for herself. The manager and other tellers said they had but she just said no. What a lying bitch! Still piss me off but that's the game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread