main line moolah

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
my area is quite large and i search it in sections. i hit one particular section that is called the "main line". this is several neighborhoods of the upper crust. i have had some luck here in the past, nothing special but i always manage to get something. anyway it started slow with halfs being scarce. a couple loosies here and there. then i noticed a very small bank off to the side that i saw before but never hit because i was in a hurry and didn't think it was even a bank. it looked like it was only a drive thru. it had 2 drive thru windows and a door. i went in and there was just a very small hall leading to a plate glass teller window, with one teller. very weird place.i felt like i was going into an illegal gambling joint and was waiting for her to ask me what the secret password was. anyway she was very nice and she had 1 handroll of halfs for me. this turned out to be my best score of the day. inside the roll i found 1-1964, 1-1967, 2-1968d. best roll i've found in months. ;D
awhile later i picked up 2 loose halfs from a teller and one was a 1964 :hello2:
after that it was even slower and no more keepers. oh well at least it wasn't a complete waste of time. i feel the hunt was a sucess.
wait it gets better.
i stop at the local watering hole after work, there's a bartender there who likes when i tip her in halfs or large dollar coins. so i tip her with a few and she says "do you have anymore?" i tell her i have a bag full of the dollar coins and around $30 in halfs. she says "i want them, bring them in" :hello2:
now she knows there is no silver in there because she knows what i do. she just likes them, especially the bi-cens because that was the year she was born. her young son calls them "pirate treasure " and she has to hide them from him or he'll take them and hide them from her. anyway she cleaned me out of all of it. around $65 in large dollars and about $34 in halfs. she said "you get anymore just bring them in." ;D she has no idea how many i go thru and there's no way she'll be able to keep up. but any larges i get i'll save for her as they are hard to get rid of and every nw and then i'll dump small amounts of halfs on her. ;Dpretty cool having a place to dump that isn't even a bank.

Upvote 0

voodoo13

Aug 20, 2009
I have a grocery store that will take around $300 a week in halves. Two of thier employees buy them and put them away for their grandchildren. They are fully awhere they are all clad, but they dont care. It sure does help when dumping!

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
hmmmm....we probably should do a post and find out where everyone else dumps thier coins that is not a bank. i'll bet we find there are alot more places than we realize.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dumped about $600 on a guy at work once. He actually wanted clad...

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sometimes will spend them on gas and such. Paid for a delivered pizza once with clad halves I'd rolled. The guy looked at 'em like I'd handed him an alien egg. He sat in the driveway for about 10 minutes, I guess he was quadruple checking the math and figuring out that I'd given him a pretty good tip. Maybe he was lookin' for silver. :dontknow:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
These are all great ways to get searched coins out of circulation so you wont end up with them again......

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread