The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
nyiangelo said:
Also paying $15 per Oz and selling $16 per Oz.

You saw silver ozs selling for 16 bucks? That is about 75cents UNDER spot. I would have loaded up the truck on that deal.

Jim

OP
OP
nyiangelo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Yeah I'm kind of leary on buying right now. Especially general silver rounds. I'm actually trying to get out of rounds & 40% and into 90%. I didn't sell any there but I did trade 3 Oz for a nice Texas Treasury Warrant.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
nyiangelo said:
Yeah I'm kind of leary on buying right now. Especially general silver rounds. I'm actually trying to get out of rounds & 40% and into 90%. I didn't sell any there but I did trade 3 Oz for a nice Texas Treasury Warrant.

I am not adding to my positions either, but one of my coin dealers would pay me spot to 25 cents over for nice generic silver rounds. I would buy a bunch and flip it or trade for gold.

I have some 90% myself, but I actually prefer .999. If the price ever shoots up, I feel the premiums on 90% will fall quicker than .999. Myself, I don't forsee a "barter" type of situation that some do who like to hoard 90%. Other than that scenario, I cannot think of a good reason to have a bunch of 90%, other than the coins themselves are cool.

Not that it would ever happen again, but the gov could put a ban on melting silver currency (like they had in the late 60s), and I believe that would affect junk silver prices in a negative way. There is no reason for them to do that, but you never know. I guess I think it would be easier for them to exert control of some sort over US currency as opposed to private bullion.

Jim

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Buy buy buy if you can. I believe we on the cusp on another silver value surge!!

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread