What exactly are you looking for when crhing?

SilverMiser

Sep 2, 2009
I look for old coins of any type, silver coins, new coins by the roll or box, Ikes, saving all copper cents, also coins that still have a lot mint luster in AU or better condition.
Matt

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
First and foremost I look for silver but I will keep old coins from the 60's back. I can't dedicate my time to keeping all copper cents. I don't have the money to do it either. For me silver and collectable coins are where it is at.

Golden Silver

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm just looking for silver. If I happen to find an old non-silver coin I give it away to someone who collects that item. I do the same with clad proofs.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I just look for silver, but I do keep any interesting foriegn coins I may find. I have found quite a few proofs, but they were really not proof anymore, so I usually throw them back.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainly the precious metal (gold, silver, palladium)
but I kind of look for errors. My knowledge on errors is limited so just
a few denominations I do such as Halves DDO, DDR, Pennies Wide/Close AM

But again mainly the composition metal

Darth Walker

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Silver to start but I like to collect older and foreign coins. I have a 3 ring binder full of foreign coins that have come from rolls and coins sorter reject slots. Sometimes I'll approach people dumping coins in the sorters and offer to buy the rejects. I've had some nice finds this way.

Maine_Jim

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
read the beginners guide to crh'ing thread. It will start you in the right direction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread