AWESOME FIND!!!!!!!!!!!

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
I am new to this forum as of this morning after lurking around here for awhile and just reading. I'm a 21 yo atmospherical sciences major in upstate New York (Binghamton) and have been fascinated with this site for months. Almost everyday I come to read what everyone has to say and check out some pictures of AWESOME STUFF!!!! So i finally broke down and ordered a GTI 2500, reconditioned so it was half the price (yessss). It should be here the week after x-mas, although with the deep freeze i don't think i will be doing alot of anything for awhile. If there is anyone from the area that would be interested in doing some searching and also help me get use to operating this machinery that would be amazing. My better half lives up in an old school house dating back to the 1800's that has never been hunted and has been owned by the same family since the early 1900's, and she said to hunt away so anyone willing to help out and have a good time has some cool hunting rites. Ok, next on my list, I see alot of people lately talking about roll searching, which i think is wonderful, i've been doing that for years ever since my grandfather helped me start a coin collection. And a short story for you.......I was working on the south side of town at a gas station awhile back where we recieved 3 rolls of dimes, 95% of them were silver. The subway across the street got 2 rolls of quartes which were 60% silver. SO $13 in silver dimes for me and $12 in quarters for eric, my buddy who is the manager at subway. I found this incredible, but due to the fact that i was hard up for cash i sold them at silver value to a local coin store ( i'm not sure where my head was but i know now i'm kicking myself for it). But the good news is after i quit working there the girl who i worked with called and told me that she had gotten six more rolls of "my" dimes and she saved them for me. I almost blew a gasket when she said that and ran down to the store, she handed me a cup pretty much filled to the brim with silver and a few clad. As i looked through i realzed they weren't roosevelt's by they were mercury heads. Well needless to say i saved them and keep them locked up in the safe with the rest of my rapidly growing collection. I will post a pic if anyone is interested when I get home from campus. But i think that this will be all for my first post, hopefully many more will follow. OOPS almost forgot, anyone with any quick pointer or tips would be great seeing i've never picked up a MD before and now have a nice one coming in. Thanks much everyone who actually read through this, and hope to hear from some of ya.
-Jerred-

Upvote 0

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
Welcome and hey everyone that really lives on this forum is cool and very friendly! ;) ;D Oh yeah ,you will see who lives on this forum and keeps it alive! This is the first and only forum I have really felt comfortable on. So I'm going to say...you will really enjoy making friends here and just joining in. And hey, sometimes not everyone will reply , but its all in your timing like in spring and everyone is out doing their own hunting or if everyone is out worrying about last min shopping ! LOL Like me! ;D But TONS of people will read what you write on here!

Again Welcome Jerred !!! ;D

Gigi

Attachments

• Snowman_8.gif
    Snowman_8.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 1,060

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to disagree with anyone on the forum especially on your first post, but static or air tests with the 2500 are almost useless. The machine doesn't have a "meter"! Get a manual from Garrett and you will be able to turn it on and search in about ten minutes! The 2500 will indicate the range of resistance by showing a small black box under an icon rather than having a meter with numbers. It will tell you the approximate depth and size of an object both by icons and by a voice. It is extremely accurate. It has several preset search modes and an automatic ground balance. You can turn it on and go with any one of the preset programs or you can customize one or all of them to suit your search needs. It is a VLF machine and has a range of zero to 100% discrimination. Ditto sensitivity. If you are getting interference from another machine, you can switch to any one of 8 frequencies. It has a salt elimination feature for hunting wet saltwater beaches. You can manually ground balance if you prefer. It has a surface eliminatin mode where you can discriminate anything from zero to four inches and only search for deeper targets. There is an all metal mode if you prefer. There are many other less used but available features that are explained in the manual. You can get a small coil for junky targets and a large coil for maximum depth, less expensive than most coils for other top of the line detectors. The 2500 is fairly heavy but well balanced. With the larger coil you will need some kind of arm support to prevent fatigue. In spite of sounding complicated, the learning curve is fairly short. Keep tht manual in your pocket and you should be able to work yourself out of trouble when encountered. I have been running my 2500 for about 8 months and have it pretty well figured out. It's a good machine that will bring our hours of enjoyment. Monty

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, and Welcome to the forum...
Sounds like you have a nice site to start out on...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Monty said:
I hate to disagree with anyone on the forum especially on your first post, but static or air tests with the 2500 are almost useless.? The machine doesn't have a "meter"!? ....Monty

There now ...you have been officially welcomed into the site.... ;)
.Monty is one of the reigning kings here so listen to his words of wisdom well....He knows what he is talking about and has helped the rest of us out on many occasions! Now get out there and start posting your finds....(oh yeah,we are a bossy group also!!!!....well I am at least...get mooooovinnng ::))

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa now! I'm the king of BS not of anything on this forum! :D I just happen to use a 2500 most of the time. You'll do fine! Monty

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
:D :D :D Can ya tell their acting like "family" already in front of ya... so your no longer a outsider! LOL ;D
He he... enjoy! Nothing like being with "family" thats as entertaining and fun during the holidays!

Merry Christmas to all !!!

Attachments

• Snowman_8.gif
    Snowman_8.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 965
  • Snowman_8.gif
    Snowman_8.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 960

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Monty said:
Whoa now!? I'm the king of BS not of anything on this forum! :D? I just happen to use a 2500 most of the time.? You'll do fine!? Monty
You will always be a king in my book Monty :-* Merry Christmas :D

OP
OP
Bushido Dude

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
HOLY COW, i'm gone for one day and all these responses, this site is amazing!!!!! First off sorry for the delay on the responses but the girlie was in the hospital getting her tonsils and anoids removed today and shes a hurting pup. But thankfully shes sleeping now and relaxed, hence why i'm on here now. Thank you everyone for the advise!!!!!! So much stuff to try and honestly i''m not sure what half of it means. Resistence, discrimination, all of those words are kind of greek to me for now, but once the detector comes in i'll have a much better understanding hopefully. Oh yea, i definatly i need to get home to post those pics, i have alot of non-dug finds that are pretty cool and hopefully some of ya might appreciate it, it might be a day or two seeing that i'm taking care of her for awhile since she can't eat pretty much anything besides jello, icecream and mashed potatos. Um, yea i'll toss up those pics ASAP!!! Lastly, if anyone feels like there pretty good at identifying coins please help me, i'm starting a post in the whats it section about some crazy coin i found, thank you all and take care.
-Jerred-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread