know what really burns my butt?

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
.....no not a 3 foot flame... its the stupid crap we have to deal with when posting or replying.
i was replying to a post and added several pics, when i pushed post it said i can't post that type of file (for pic). so i removed the offending pics and pushed post again. it said "error you have posted this already, you may have pushed post twice. when i checked the post i was replying to, the reply was not there. now my whole reply and pics are gone. :BangHead: i'm not doing it all over again.
WTF?

and since we're on the subject, and this has been mentioned before but nothing was explained or done about it, WHY DOES THE STUPID MESSAGE BOX FREAK OUT WHEN YOU POST PAST THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX? it never did that before.

sorry if this is not the place for this but "rants" is gone and i don't know where else to post it.

so please please please can someone tell me if i'm doing something wrong? if not then why can't we fix this?

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all you needed to do was start over
and post without the pics.

or change the file types and start over
and repost the pics.

Allowed file types: jpg, gif, kml
Maximum attachment size allowed: 512 KB, per post: 12

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
all you needed to do was start over
and post without the pics.
thanks for responding Jeff, the post was a funny (at least i thought) tongue in cheek reply and wouldn't have worked without the pics.
when it told me i couldn't post that type of file (i think it was bp or something) it allowed me to go back and edit it. when i tried to repost it, it said it was posted already. it wasn't, and there was no way to get back to it because it was gone. it took me a good bit of time to search for pics, find them in my pic folder,resize them, add text, etc. it was too much work to do over .all i'm trying to say is, if the thing tells you it can't be posted you should be allowed to edit and repost. instead it tells you it was posted already when it wasn't, and all your stuff is gone.

BTW.....the thing where the message box jumps when you get to the end....whats that all about? it never did that before?
i know this isn't a problem everyone runs into but i tend to be a little long winded. (see above ;D)

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
mistergee;
If your post had anything at all to do with a leopard-print speedo, it will explain why you have been experiencing difficulties with the system. These servers have limits, you know!
- Grizz

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mistergee said:
WHY DOES THE STUPID MESSAGE BOX FREAK OUT WHEN YOU POST PAST THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX? it never did that before.
I thought I was the only one with that problem, so I never complained.
I tend to be long winded in what I write. If I keep it short no problem.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "box bottom" thingie is happening to me too. More than annoying. Are they trying to keep posts short?

Also, notice how your signature now only appears in your first post in a thread, and not in subsequent ones?

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To avoid the evil jumping screen, here's what I do:

For my long posts, I do the typing and everything in MS Word. By that, I mean that if I want to attach my photos, I type my story, then "

blah blah blah, Kindest regards, Kantuck" into my Word document etc. Then I highlight it all, Ctrl+C, open my post, Ctrl+V, then use the Browse option for the pics I want to add and post. Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
mistergee

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
thanks Kantuk, but we shouldn't have to do all that. it used to work fine. something was changed or added and we ended up with some kinda glitch. hope they figure it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread