Nickel Box

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since i have had crappy luck with my halfs since i got back on vacation I picked up some nickels today at a BOA. Got the following.

1 - War (43S)
1 - Buffalo (1927)
19 - Pre-60's
2 - Canadian nickels (90's)

First buffalo I have speared from a box. The other two I got this year were in customer rolls. I think I am going to find a way to pick up 2 more boxes tomorrow.

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I picked up a few boxes myself from BOA in hopes of finding 2009's. Didn't find them though. Got a few war nickels and Buffaloes.
In my opinion the Buffalo Nickel is one of the best looking American coins. I don't collect them, and I wouldn't pay more than five cents for one, but I like them.
I'm still trying to figure out why they don't call them Indian Head Nickels :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich, I agree with you. A nice clean Buffalo is one of the nicest American coins in my opinion. Any of the walking liberty coins are a close second. I have heard them called both ways, but I would bet is has to do with pennies already being called Indian Heads so they tried to get away from confusing the two. Just my two cents...

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. I think that the buffs are my second favorite American coin, with first place going to the gold incuse quarter and half-eagles. I've got to get one of those...one day...sigh.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did another nickel box this weekend and here are the results...

13 - Pre-60's
1 - 27S Buffalo
1 - 43S war

Box seemed really slow on the pre-60's but with about 10 rolls to go the buffalo poped out. It was really warn, but I will take it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread