Local Road Trip 10-15-09

nicholaswb

May 6, 2009
Hey!
I have a long weekend off of school, so I decided to take the morning and go hunting!
I had to get the oil changed in my car and return some rented movies, so I used that as an excuse to get outof the house.
I stayed in my home town and the neighboring town, as my time and funds were limited.

I searched $113 in halves, skunk.

In the ~10-12 banks I visited, I also asked for old money or 2009 coins, and here is where I scored. One bank had a sealed roll of LP2(formative years) pennies, and another bank had a whole boatload of LP3(professional life) penny rolls! I bought the LP2 roll and just 2 of the LP3 rolls, because, as I said, my time and funds were limited. I may go back and get more tomorrow, we'll see. I would like a roll of each for my collection, if I can find them at banks.

Then I went to a free coin counter and cashed out these along with the rest of my change in $2 bills!
Most of the banks I went to offered to order me some halves, and I even found one that keeps $2 bills in stock, which is important for me because I use them as my spending cash, and run a school spirit thing with them.

Anyway, That's my Adventure for today!

HH all,
Nick

Upvote 0

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sounds like you had some fun hunting. It's only a matter of time and luck before you find a good stash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread