Well it finally happened.... (another rejection...see below)

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I posted in another thread, I finnally got the rejection of my use of the coin machine at one of my dump banks. I walk in and the employees run to get the branch manager who come over to me and says that its "unacceptable" that I use their coin machine. I ask well what is acceptable and she says nothing is acceptable. She gives me some "This machine is for kids and people with small amounts, not what you put in it." Basically get out of her bank. I cash out and head back to work.

I have other places to dump but I think I am going to have some fun with this witch. I am going to hand roll a few hundred and take them into the branch and deposit them. I will continue to take my coins in and deposit them into my account. This will be come my new hand roll dump bank. I hope to really inconvienance them since my dumping of coins into the machine inconviences them when they only have to change the bags. My last dump at this bank required 4 bags to be changed out, but 2 of them were not even mine. They have these double stacked bags of pennies and quarters that only make them change them out when a single bag is full. I think this is what they were ticked about.

Anyone have thoughts or ideas about what to do? Think dumping 1-2k of handrolls a week will make a point with them or am is just for naught? Also, I have an account at this bank which they say the coin machine is free to use for customers.

Upvote 0

voodoo13

Aug 20, 2009
Re: Well it finnally happened....

Dump on them, and dump heavy! Revenge is sweeeeeeeeeet! :laughing7:

supn9

Oct 21, 2009

This happened to me on several occasions. Im actually saying thanks to this.. because the machines generally come up short and it takes a lot longer to dump with the bags filling up and all. The only advantage is prospecting on the machines themselves. Ive found quite a few nice coins like that. Errors, steel pennies, and foreign coins.

My advice is avoid the machines. Theres plenty of dump banks. Don't get discouraged :thumbsup:

Ju8vP3t

Make sure you have a back-up bank, a bank I had an account with for 7 years, out of the blue, closed my account from under me...no reason, no explanation given, I'd only been taking dumps there for about a year, and usually no more than a 1-2 thousand per month, hand rolled :dontknow:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

AGCoinHunter said:
As I posted in another thread, I finnally got the rejection of my use of the coin machine at one of my dump banks. I walk in and the employees run to get the branch manager who come over to me and says that its "unacceptable" that I use their coin machine. I ask well what is acceptable and she says nothing is acceptable. She gives me some "This machine is for kids and people with small amounts, not what you put in it." Basically get out of her bank. I cash out and head back to work.

I have other places to dump but I think I am going to have some fun with this witch. I am going to hand roll a few hundred and take them into the branch and deposit them. I will continue to take my coins in and deposit them into my account. This will be come my new hand roll dump bank. I hope to really inconvienance them since my dumping of coins into the machine inconviences them when they only have to change the bags. My last dump at this bank required 4 bags to be changed out, but 2 of them were not even mine. They have these double stacked bags of pennies and quarters that only make them change them out when a single bag is full. I think this is what they were ticked about.

Anyone have thoughts or ideas about what to do? Think dumping 1-2k of handrolls a week will make a point with them or am is just for naught? Also, I have an account at this bank which they say the coin machine is free to use for customers.

Ag,

You could go ahead and deposit the rolled coin on them, but the bottom line is that they will probably cancel your account.
I'd just get another account with a coin counter.
But if you want to get them going,here is what you do. Now I'm assuming you search boxes of halves.
Slit the fed rolls and edge search without removing the coins (except the keepers of course). Then tape the slit back up. The rolls should be as tight as they were before you slit them. Cracking these open is very time consuming and a lot harder than cracking hand rolled. Then deposit a few grand on them. (Don't use the original boxes)
It's a lot easier to change a bag than to crack open several hundred rolls of halves and empty them into a bag.
Chances are they will probably drop your account after this stunt. When they drop your account get an elderly neighbor or relative to open an account there. Then the next time you have to dump a large amount in the machine have the elderly person make like he/she is dumping the coin in the machine,and you are just there to help them out. Bring enough so that they have to change the bag a half dozen times. They will go ballistic :laughing7:
HH
Rich

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta

Yea, really great idea. Make sure that the people that work at this bank never want to work with a coin collector again ::). That'll show em what real a-holes us coin collectors are :icon_scratch:.. This scorched earth policy that some of you have is really going to cause a lot of problems for all of us in the long run. Grow up and move on. Gpurs...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

lots of half eatten zinc cents -- :wink: :icon_thumright:

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

GPURS said:
Yea, really great idea. Make sure that the people that work at this bank never want to work with a coin collector again ::). That'll show em what real a-holes us coin collectors are :icon_scratch:.. This scorched earth policy that some of you have is really going to cause a lot of problems for all of us in the long run. Grow up and move on. Gpurs...

Hey, lighten up tough guy :laughing7:. If you read my first two sentences slowly and carefully, you would discover that my recommendation was to get another bank and forget about it.
The rest of what I wrote was just for fun.

HH
Rich

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

voodoo13 said:
Dump on them, and dump heavy! Revenge is sweeeeeeeeeet! :laughing7:

They will probably refuse your deposit (in coin) entirely, I've had that happen twice now.

Ju8vP3t

supn9 said:
Do they really just close the accounts?

Really, they do...the bottom line is this: It's up to the branch manager, they can do almost anything they want to regarding your account..ie; close your account, refuse a deposit or whatever....unfortunately, the bank gives them a lot of discretion, ..example: I was refused depositing at one branch after the manager told me Chase doesn't allow it (funny thing though, I'd been depositing coins at that branch for about a year) unless you have a business account, so I asked at another Chase branch I dump at, and they were Completely nice about it, I asked if Chase had a "business account" only policy about dumping coins and she'd never heard of it... :laughing7:, so, the manager at the other branch was, I believe, being dishonest with me...

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro

Sure is a lot this happening lately. I better cross my fingers. But I think alot of it has to do with the bank you deal with. The people in general and their attitudes.

OP
OP
AGCoinHunter

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They just want you to go away. They will tell you a boldfaced lie just to get you out of their hair. I own a business, maybe I should open a business account. My question is what do people that have businesses with high volumes of coins such as vending use? Are there commercial banks that cater to just these people? And opening a business isnt that hard, all you need is a TIN.

Ju8vP3t

AGCoinHunter said:
They just want you to go away. They will tell you a boldfaced lie just to get you out of their hair. I own a business, maybe I should open a business account. My question is what do people that have businesses with high volumes of coins such as vending use? Are there commercial banks that cater to just these people? And opening a business isnt that hard, all you need is a TIN.

Of course they will Ag, when I was talking to the person at another Chase branch, she was very nice, and told me more than once, "no problem, bring them here" ....bottom line; as with almost anything, it really depends on who your talking with

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro

Rich Hartford said:
GPURS said:

Hey, lighten up tough guy :laughing7:. If you read my first two sentences slowly and carefully, you would discover that my recommendation was to get another bank and forget about it.

HH
Rich

dont stress rich there are a bunch of people just like him on here responding everyday. Just learn to ignore them, most are lousiers with nothing better to do then talk junk and break balls. I have fought everyone of them from our friend MOFO, to this pain in the ass. just do what i do and let them talk to the forum. Every down to earth, real adult can take a joke. These children can not.

supn9

Oct 21, 2009

Ju8vP3t said:
supn9 said:
Do they really just close the accounts?

Really, they do...the bottom line is this: It's up to the branch manager, they can do almost anything they want to regarding your account..ie; close your account, refuse a deposit or whatever....unfortunately, the bank gives them a lot of discretion, ..example: I was refused depositing at one branch after the manager told me Chase doesn't allow it (funny thing though, I'd been depositing coins at that branch for about a year) unless you have a business account, so I asked at another Chase branch I dump at, and they were Completely nice about it, I asked if Chase had a "business account" only policy about dumping coins and she'd never heard of it... :laughing7:, so, the manager at the other branch was, I believe, being dishonest with me...

Your right on speaking with a different branch manager. They all operate differently. One banks has one types of "policy" or way they do business..and the other has it a different way. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Thats why its important to just move on to a different bank..unless theres something to be worked out.

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta

ugotit22 said:
Rich Hartford said:
GPURS said:

HH
Rich

dont stress rich there are a bunch of people just like him on here responding everyday. Just learn to ignore them, most are lousiers with nothing better to do then talk junk and break balls. I have fought everyone of them from our friend MOFO, to this pain in the ass. just do what i do and let them talk to the forum. Every down to earth, real adult can take a joke. These children can not.

This is the kind of guy that I'm talking about. Does not know how to spell or use proper punctuation, but has all of the answers on how the world works ::). Keep taking your advice from young, uneducated guys like this and eventually you will have NO bank that will either provide you coins or accept your dumps... Gpurs...

Joanner

Dec 31, 2007

One of them you referred to (ugotit22) wanted to bitch slap a bank manager because she wouldn't sell him coin.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used

Joanner said:
One of them you referred to (ugotit22) wanted to bitch slap a bank manager because she wouldn't sell him coin.

it was strangle u idiot, get it right

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used

GPURS said:
ugotit22 said:
Rich Hartford said:
GPURS said:

HH
Rich

This is the kind of guy that I'm talking about. Does not know how to spell or use proper punctuation, but has all of the answers on how the world works ::). Keep taking your advice from young, uneducated guys like this and eventually you will have NO bank that will either provide you coins or accept your dumps... Gpurs...

G CRAPPERS
First off let me inform you that I am very educated. However, I care not to worry about things like punctucation and spelling when dealing with the geratric fellows like yourself. No need. I am a college grad. that prob makes more in a week then you do in a month. My gf is a law school student on the deans list at a top 25 school in the counrty so I'm pretty sure she would not date an uneducated ass hole.
Now that we dispensed with the pleasantries. You are exactly whom I am talking about. A typical 55 yr old looser with nothing better to do with his time then bs and talk crap. Its not 1952. Learn to lighten up. Rich was obv. joking and like I said before you are the reason that people are so uptight. You call me a young guy like its a bad thing, well pops have fun living the rest of your life in middle school, becasue that is what your child ass sounds like. I remember getting all bent out of shape like you about things like this when I was 12. All I ask is that the children of the world like yourself grow up sooner than later.
Have fun buddy and enjoy a nice :coffee2: on me
LOL what at doushbag

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread