FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY reached a HUGE Goal!!!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello All,
After just 11 months of searching a HUGE amounts of pennies, about 3.9 million to be excact I reached my goal of 20,000 WHEATS!!!

I first set a goal this year of 10,000 wheats and hit that mark in late May. I then upped the goal to 20,000 (with a little presure from some guys on here!).

As of today November 15, 2009 I hit 22,368 wheat pennies, 25 Indian Heads, and 2 Flying Eagles.

I am now going to relax on the pennies and do about 20 boxes a week of them, But am going to hit about 30 boxes of Dimes a week.

I am thankful for the support of everyone on this board and having a bunch of great fellow hunters to chat with.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice SNB. Goal for next year --- 40K wheats!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Consider this. You've searched more pennies this year then the total mintages of some of the less common cents. Congrats on reaching your goal.

LemonThrower

Jun 23, 2008
wow, congratulations.

did you do this manually or with a ryedale?

on a percentage basis, that is 1 wheat per 195 pennies.

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Coins4Cheese said:
WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm speechless... 25 Indians! Btw, not to sound rude or anything, but do you have a job/wife/kids? Just wondering, because I can't imagine a person with a job to have that much time on their hands; sorry if I sound rude.
Don't worry I did not take it as you being rude. It is a common question with the quantities that I do. OK... Wife = Yes, she helps also, not as much as me but she does love to search nickels. She searches about 5 boxes a week of nickels. Kids = Yes, Three (14, 8, 6). They help open the rolls and then search the for wheats in the copper after being sorted by the RYEDALE. So that also answers a few others questions, Yes I have a Ryedale (may be adding another Ryedale after the first of the year). Job = No. I owned a sign and printing company for 12 years then had a serious back injury. I then sold the business and after 2 surgeries and 18 months of recovery I now consider myself a PROFESSIONAL COIN ROLL HUNTER!!! :thumbsup: I just cant handle retirement at age 35 so I took up this AWESOME hobby.

As for hitting more coins this year I think I am going to take a little break. Not Stop hunting just slow down to about 20 boxes a week and work on some wood crafts.
Below is a couple of pictures of wood crafts that I make with some tools I kept from my sign business.

Have a great day!!!

Attachments

• deer clock.jpg
    deer clock.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 450
  • eagleclock.jpg
    eagleclock.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 374
  • ornaments3d.jpg
    ornaments3d.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 371

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Shake I love the handy work. I am a bit of a handy man myself. Would love to have the free time to take on a project.

Golden Silver

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Only 20,000. What a slacker. I mean really I could do that in a month. I thought you were the penny king.

If anyone thinks I'm bluffing send me a ryedale machine and ill prove it. :tongue3:

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3.9 million pennies. How much would that weigh? I'd like to see that all stacked up in one room. ;D Someone had a post here awhile back showing what a certain number of pennies would look like. It would show a million, then a billion, and so on. Anyone remember that post?

Fredness

Jul 16, 2009
12,129,000 Grams [Assuming they are all "Memorial Copper"]
1 pound = 453.59237 grams
So: 26,739.8678 pounds or 13.3699 tons (US :Short Tons)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread