FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY reached a HUGE Goal!!!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello All,
After just 11 months of searching a HUGE amounts of pennies, about 3.9 million to be excact I reached my goal of 20,000 WHEATS!!!

I first set a goal this year of 10,000 wheats and hit that mark in late May. I then upped the goal to 20,000 (with a little presure from some guys on here!).

As of today November 15, 2009 I hit 22,368 wheat pennies, 25 Indian Heads, and 2 Flying Eagles.

I am now going to relax on the pennies and do about 20 boxes a week of them, But am going to hit about 30 boxes of Dimes a week.

I am thankful for the support of everyone on this board and having a bunch of great fellow hunters to chat with.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Upvote 0

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
huge congrats. I have only found about 2700 wheats in 2 yrs so i cant imagine how hard that was. Enjoy the time away and hit those dimes hard. But save sum for me

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
d2arcing said:
very nice. now can we pressure you to post the find results on weekly basis?
I used to post weekly results with pics but just ran out of time to do that with the quantity I have been searching. I will try to update weekly now with some good pics of the finds.

I am also going to put together a pile of wheats to shaw soem pics of what 20,000 wheats look like.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

BurnedSpy

Aug 22, 2009
Shake-N-Bake said:
d2arcing said:
I used to post weekly results with pics but just ran out of time to do that with the quantity I have been searching. I will try to update weekly now with some good pics of the finds.

I am also going to put together a pile of wheats to shaw soem pics of what 20,000 wheats look like.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Awesome job on 20,000 wheats. Could you post pictures of your indians and flying eagles too?

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
qwerty said:
Great job :icon_thumleft:
Out of wheat dates and mintage places, which ones did you not find.

1909S VDB (of coarse)

1914S (not really sure why not this one)

I just found a 1911S last week or so that has eluded me for a while also.

I have found 2 1931S's, which I thought to be awesome.

Another great accomplishment was filling a roll of 1909 VDB's (atleast in my mind)

BurnedSpy said:
Shake-N-Bake said:
d2arcing said:

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Awesome job on 20,000 wheats. Could you post pictures of your indians and flying eagles too?

Yes I will post pics of the Indian Heads and flying Eagles. If you search back on my previous posts you will find the Flying Eagle post. Two Flying Eagles in the same box. WOW, that was a fun day that will be hard to top.

Thanks for the comments,
Jason

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
That is quite a year. :headbang: What are your goals for next year...

Maine_Jim

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Big Time Congrats to you, Shake!!!
I bet you hit 25,000 by 12/31!

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I hope for your sake you have a Ryedale...lol

I would hate to have to go through that many pennies by hand. At least with the Ryedale youd just have to sort the coppers after youd culled 80% of the total number of pennies...

Congrats...

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
That is huge shake...I am glad you took me up on the challenge and met the goal. Unbelievable feet. Now Lets set the mark to 300 dimes by new years. Can you do it is the question. I bet you can and then some. Good luck

golden silver

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm speechless... 25 Indians! Btw, not to sound rude or anything, but do you have a job/wife/kids? Just wondering, because I can't imagine a person with a job to have that much time on their hands; sorry if I sound rude.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
CC- I think he was badly injured and does this now to fill his time. Regardless that it is an amaizing fete that is to be commended.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread