Springfield Cent and additionial comments pictures to follow

acute collector

Mar 26, 2007
wisconsin
Any one else going to go to the Release of the new cent?

Well,

I have them in hand and going to be putting them up at a coin show this weekend.

If anyone is interested in Buying/trading. Drop me a line.

While I was there the Mint Director answered a question of mine about the melt ban. He said that he wouldn't support a lifting of the ban until the cent becomes cheaper than 1 cent to make.

so until then it is still hot in hell.

also I have an information packet that was given to all the muckity-mucks at the release. I got to have the Director sign the folder, press release and 2010 and beyond summary.... working on a pic. stay tuned

Upvote 0

tim2357

Oct 23, 2009
Re: Springfield Cent

I live 2 hours away 122miles and have the day off work tomorrow... looks like they are selling for $1 for 1 cent on ebay, or $15 for a roll. you can only get a maximum of 6 rolls though

so for 6 rolls you might get $300 sold individually, or $90 sold as rolls

-6 face value
-$24 Gas and 4 hours driving time
-40 Shipping, Paypal and ebay fees if sold as rolls leaving only $20
-160 Shipping, paypal and ebay fees if sold individually Leaving just over $100 -minus time spent addressing 300 envelopes

Is there something I'm missing?

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Springfield Cent

I will not be going but I received a new 2010 cent a few weeks back from a person on another forum I follow. He was very kind to give these away after he had secured a few rolls. I will say that it looks a lot better in hand than the drawings that I had seen of it. The reverse reminds me of a mid-1800's coin. Its always nice to see something different. Not state quarter/national park/every obsolete crap they can think of different but a modest design change to a coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread