Theres a sucker born everyday

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Reminds me of an ad in a magazine " How to make money " -ad says to take out an ad in a magazine "How to make money". I would sell bank rolls on ebay except for the fact i couldnt pass up the chance for silver. With my luck the rolls i sold would be from a dream box.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
It's risky to put up those ads.. sometimes they don't sell & you get stuck with a Ebay seller's fee.. and work to package it and go to the post office. I looked at his past feedback and one was for 3 rolls sold for $30.65. He took a loss on that one but I guess this auction is going well for him.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quiksilver said:
Reminds me of an ad in a magazine " How to make money " -ad says to take out an ad in a magazine "How to make money". I would sell bank rolls on ebay except for the fact i couldnt pass up the chance for silver. With my luck the rolls i sold would be from a dream box.

I still think you'd come out better in the long run selling the rolls truly unsearched on eBay. $3 profit per roll, $150 profit per box. How many skunk boxes have you had compared to dream boxes? The positive feedback you'll receive from the folks that find silver in your rolls will help your future sales as well. Even better, keep the rolls that have "enders". Keep the whole box if there are several enders. I can't see a dream box not having some/several rolls with silver showing. I think I'd gladly take $650 for a box with no silver showing and take my chances on the next box(es).

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
It's risky to put up those ads.. sometimes they don't sell & you get stuck with a Ebay seller's fee.. and work to package it and go to the post office. I looked at his past feedback and one was for 3 rolls sold for $30.65. He took a loss on that one but I guess this auction is going well for him.

Agreed. However, I don't see much, if any, difference in packaging/run to the post office and bagging/making a dump run to the bank(s). No search time either. Just grab 3 rolls from a box, throw 'em in a flat-rate box from the post office, and you're good to go. I will admit though I have not gone back and looked at previous auctions to see if this one auction went abnormally high, or if this is indeed the norm. If this is normal, I believe its the way to go.

Feb 12, 2010
Re: ebay fees. Last time I looked, ebay will let you re-list auctions that don't sell for free. also, you can get free boxes and pickup from the post office. You can also print postage purchased online so you don't even have to buy stamps.

Unless you do big volume, doesn't seem like much money though. I'd rather search the rolls myself!~ :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread