Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's 2 boxes & bad news 5/27/10

Box 1: 1 40% and 1 very pretty solid silver looking rim that turned out to be a non-silver 50 centavos piece from Ecuador

Box 2: SKUNK

I also received a voicemail from one of my dump banks informing me that they can no longer accept halves from me. The excuse in the message is total BS - "They can no longer ship halves to the Fed." I don't believe that for one second, but it doesn't change anything. I guess $500-$1000 a week was too much for them. When I started this and opened an account there I informed the manager what I would be doing, how often, and how much. I was told that would be just fine. Things change I guess. Maybe this came from someone "higher up" than the branch manager.

There are only 3 coin counters in town. So now I'm down to 2. One of those is at a supply bank, so essentially I'm down to 1. Naturally, this is the week that I get 4 boxes and I still have the 2 from last week as well. I know better than to hit my last dump bank with $3K all at once, so I guess I'm done with halves - at least for awhile and/or until I can come up with a new game plan. I'll dump $500 a week or so until they're gone.

Its disappointing, but its not like I was finding much anyway. Any suggestions?

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Re: Today's 2 boxes & bad news 5/27/10

Seems like this is happening more and more. I would imagine that in the banking industry they "talk" about things that are going on in the branches--relative to profit or loss for the bank. CRHing dumps and ordering boxes has to come up at some point or another in reference to such things.

If the banks feel that CRHers are a losing proposition money wise, it will not take long for this trend of charging fees or refusing to take coins/order coins to spread throughout the banking industry.

Jim

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

If you watch the "News" you'd think things are getting better or at least might be- they aren't and will NOT be getting better- I check foreign News sources and they print things our "News" don't, it is clear the deterioration is escalating defaults are way up and loans are way down-this is why the Gov is pushing Mtge rates to new record lows, it is the only way they can get new money in to the economy besides just passing it out or dropping it from a helicopter like Bernanke once said was good way to do it.

They are consolidating power- authority by passing reform after reform that really isn't reform at all all the while they are beefing up their control grid with foreign troops detainment centers etc, oh yeah things will most certainly get much worse before the majority of fat dumb and soon to be unhappies wake up to the rotten apple pie, and that their god which was creation of their own imaginations, along with their country no longer exists our borders are wide open and we have been overrun by foreigners jsut as the banksters and their congressional allies planned for US to take US down and out~!

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

ArkieBassMan said:
Box 1: 1 40% and 1 very pretty solid silver looking rim that turned out to be a non-silver 50 centavos piece from Ecuador

Box 2: SKUNK

I also received a voicemail from one of my dump banks informing me that they can no longer accept halves from me. The excuse in the message is total BS - "They can no longer ship halves to the Fed." I don't believe that for one second, but it doesn't change anything. I guess $500-$1000 a week was too much for them. When I started this and opened an account there I informed the manager what I would be doing, how often, and how much. I was told that would be just fine. Things change I guess. Maybe this came from someone "higher up" than the branch manager.

There are only 3 coin counters in town. So now I'm down to 2. One of those is at a supply bank, so essentially I'm down to 1. Naturally, this is the week that I get 4 boxes and I still have the 2 from last week as well. I know better than to hit my last dump bank with $3K all at once, so I guess I'm done with halves - at least for awhile and/or until I can come up with a new game plan. I'll dump $500 a week or so until they're gone.

Its disappointing, but its not like I was finding much anyway. Any suggestions?
Arkie,
I beat you out with the centavos this week. I got six of them, and two Obama Halves. I was going to chuck them into the woodpile,but I decided to hold on to the centavos because they may become legal tender someday.
I posted a week or so ago that the banks will be given all sorts of Government fees starting in July,and that these costs will naturally be passed down to the customer. May or may not have an effect on CRH.
You might want to switch to dimes. The machines eat them up, and banks will take them rolled. You will score silver with dimes,not much, but it adds up, and they are all 90%. When my dump bank dumps me I'm switching to dimes and quarters.
HH
Rich

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500

lost one of my dump banks this month about the same way. i came in with an appointment 4 months ago with the bank manager. took out a loan and i told her what i was doing with the money from the loan. manager said it was no problem. i asked her was she sure she knew what she was agreeing to and she said yes it will be no problem. well about 4 months later she called me and gave me a couple of lame excuses on how brinks was charging them a fee to ship coins back to the fed and she would have to be passing the charge along to me in the form of 6.00 per 1000.00 bag i brought in. i quickly balked and refused the fee. she then said that they could not continue to take bags from me. i reminded her about the loan and our verbal agreement and told her that i would be bringing the money for the loan back. i also said i wanted the loan fee refunded to me. at first she refused, but after i asked for a bank official's name and number at the main branch in tallassee florida she agreed to refund it to me.
these banks are getting wise to us and are going to get rid of us sooner or later

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

Well, don't that beat all!

The banks want their slice of the pie.

Halves take their toll on the machines, soon there will be a fee to walk through their doors.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

obediah said:
and that their god which was creation of their own imaginations

Wow, you know that god doesn't really exist? How did you find that out?

I am not one for organized religion by any means, but I wonder how anyone with even average reasoning abilities can believe that the entire universe sprung out of nothing through randomness and was not created by some intelligent source or being(s) greater than us.

But we are all entitled to our own opinions, so carry on.

Jim

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008

jim4silver said:
obediah said:
and that their god which was creation of their own imaginations

Wow, you know that god doesn't really exist? How did you find that out?

I am not one for organized religion by any means, but I wonder how anyone with even average reasoning abilities can believe that the entire universe sprung out of nothing through randomness and was not created by some intelligent source or being(s) greater than us.

But we are all entitled to our own opinions, so carry on.

Jim

I think he was making a reference to false gods, as in material things to take the place of God.
Rich

OP
OP
A

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rich Hartford said:
Arkie,
I beat you out with the centavos this week. I got six of them, and two Obama Halves. I was going to chuck them into the woodpile,but I decided to hold on to the centavos because they may become legal tender someday.
I posted a week or so ago that the banks will be given all sorts of Government fees starting in July,and that these costs will naturally be passed down to the customer. May or may not have an effect on CRH.
You might want to switch to dimes. The machines eat them up, and banks will take them rolled. You will score silver with dimes,not much, but it adds up, and they are all 90%. When my dump bank dumps me I'm switching to dimes and quarters.
HH
Rich

The Centavo was my first foreign half-sized coin. The rim looked MINT. I was praying for an AU Walker (or better). I slowly started peeking at the coin and saw immediately that it wasn't a Ken, Ben, or Walker. I thought I had found a silver commemorative. Very disappointing to say the least. Not 5 minutes later I checked my voicemail and found out I was losing the dump bank. Not a good day for me.

I will talk to the manager tomorrow and find out if I am cut off completely or just on halves. I tried a few dime boxes before I got the "all clear" to begin ordering halves. 8 boxes produced just 2 silver Rosies, although my supply bank will sell me bags of dimes from their machine. Needless to say, I'm just not too enthusiastic about it. I will probably just call it quits. My very meager finds in no way justify having to go through any hassles whatsoever, although I did REALLY enjoy the search. On the plus side, I won't have to dump anymore which I absolutely hated. I'll post my final 2 boxes tomorrow with my final totals. Maybe I get lucky and one of my final 2 boxes will be a good 'un.

HH everyone!

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

if it makes u feel any better, my pickup bank just told me over the phone that they can no longer order any boxes for any customers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread