May totals................................... .

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great month man. That's like double what I have for the year so far. I can't hunt at the scale some of you pros hunt at though. I've got like 1k to 1500 to play with each week. I do what i can though.

rwb83

Mar 31, 2010
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Looking to buy!!!
timbobwey said:
great month man. That's like double what I have for the year so far. I can't hunt at the scale some of you pros hunt at though. I've got like 1k to 1500 to play with each week. I do what i can though.

Same boat here Tim...but like you said we do what we can and try and work our numbers up there. I'd also have to agree, sounds like a really good month to me.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot wrap my mind around that many silvers. I would be tap dancing on the rooftop.

Apush :read2:

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I did twice as much searchin for not much more. You just got spoiled like us all, the gravy is gone now we have to work for it. HH Mark

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Boy, I'll say. Things have been slim these past few months. Hopefully it will pick up.
It's out there. We just have to get lucky.
rileyboy

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
what is so sad is a few years ago that amount of volume would have yielded double your current score. wonder if next year will be half of that?

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
silvercop said:
what is so sad is a few years ago that amount of volume would have yielded double your current score. wonder if next year will be half of that?
You may be right, but half of last years finds this year would still be a very good year, of course last year was my first when only did one Box in March and ramped it up in April and little more in following months. This year is very modest and only so cause of the volume! The fall to the start of new year theoretically should be good- better than rest of year.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i think everyone would take a month like obe had but my point is he is a massive volume searcher (as i) and it takes alot of work (hard work) to pick up 20 boxes from a bank, take them home and unload them, search them, load up the dumps and take them back to the bank and unload and dump. several hours of time invested every week as well. not to mention the attitude of the dump banks as of lately. it is just getting harder and harder (for me) to carry on with the meager finds. i am also charged a fee to dump so that even makes it worse. i hope obe is right and things pick up towards the fall. if not i will be retiring at the end of the year.

skelly9131

Jan 12, 2010
That's a 5.4 keeper average per box. Not bad in my book. The only sad part is that you got so few 90%'ers. Your silver ounces would have been a bit higher if you got anywhere near the number of 90%'ers you should have gotten in 326 finds.

OP
OP
obediah

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
silvercop said:
i think everyone would take a month like obe had but my point is he is a massive volume searcher (as i) and it takes alot of work (hard work) to pick up 20 boxes from a bank, take them home and unload them, search them, load up the dumps and take them back to the bank and unload and dump. several hours of time invested every week as well. not to mention the attitude of the dump banks as of lately. it is just getting harder and harder (for me) to carry on with the meager finds. i am also charged a fee to dump so that even makes it worse. i hope obe is right and things pick up towards the fall. if not i will be retiring at the end of the year.
I only do on average maybe 30 Boxes in TN the wife another approx 30 in MO from an Ark Bank- when am able to visit her we plan ahead and do 10 to 20 a week while there, it is very difficult for us to do over 60 Boxes a week- we have cash flow problem- you know not enough ca$h to do more as it takes time to cycle them in time to get the next weeks Boxes- with Banks that are mildly hostile to dumping when do it every 3 to 5 weeks too, doing it is also limited here too; some of my better dump Banks cost me around $16 just to go to dump, cant hit my local one too often without loosing them, volume dumping weekly is a sure way to have them ban you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread