searching and dumping dime bags?? (results from the bag)

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my first bag of dimes today, not sure what I'll find, I don't see any silver through the plastic, but we'll see. I was just wondering how you guys go about searching these, what is the best way. And how do u go about dumping them?? Do you roll them, or just put them all back in the bag and take it in??
I got 3 40% in 35 dollars worth of halves today too, not a bad start. Hope the bag does well for me.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, I'm glad I decided to open it. Now I know this machine is a good one to search bags off

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!!! Hope I talked you into it. I think calling it a myth was very polite. We know what you really wanted to say. ::)
HH
Gilbert

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilbert you sure did help urge me to do the search, thank you. I feel it was well worth the time.
I didn't realize it, but that 49s is somewhat of a key date. One of my better crhing finds. It's in AU shape, so I got a good coin goin to the collection.

Thanks for all your in put on this thread guys, I almost didn't search it.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Tim. I'm in Mi also and I buy Dimes off a machines but dump at another bank that uses a different kind of machine. The Buy banks machine is fast and takes everything. The dump bank's machine is slow and rejects everything. I simply pick up at the buy bank and drive over to the dump bank (pour the coins out of plastic bag into my own canvass bag out in the car) run the coins through and collect the silver from the reject tray. it takes me about 15 minutes to run a bag through. But this machine has on occasion read dimes like pennies if the track is dirty. also on average the bags come up short nearly $5 every time i consider it a fair price for the privilege to hunt.

Mojo

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mojo, that is a sweet idea. If I can find a bank with a machine that will take the silver and get it into the reject bin, I would much rather do that. It would do all the work for me. I had to do it the old fashion way, just grabbing stacks out of the bag and rim hunting. I think I did ok though. How would I find a machine like that??

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
timbobwey said:
mojo, that is a sweet idea. If I can find a bank with a machine that will take the silver and get it into the reject bin, I would much rather do that. It would do all the work for me. I had to do it the old fashion way, just grabbing stacks out of the bag and rim hunting. I think I did ok though. How would I find a machine like that??

PM me

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
some machines definitely reject silver dimes. Most if not all the TD machines i use reject silver tho i recently had a bad experience with one counting dimes as pennies.

OP
OP
timbobwey

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is a td machine??