1157 wheats in one bag

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
as many of you know i have been struggling with the halves for a few months so i have been cranking up the ryedale and searching pennies. i went to the bank yesterday and bought 300.00 worth in bags off of the coin counter. i ran them last night and one of the bags contained 1157 wheat pennies. guess someone cashed in grandpa's piggy bank. most wheats i have ever gotten in one bag.

Upvote 0

Philmont_709n2

Jul 2, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
AWESOME!!!! I hit a jackpot like that once too! Any real oldies like 1909 or key dates?

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
no 1909's most are from the 40's and 50's. about 30 from the teens. no key dates found but it sure was fun watching all those wheats fall. not to mention the 100 dollar bag was almost 60% copper. i usually get about 20% copper out of a bag

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
SC

WTG! Changing up leads to success that's how I started searching dimes.

HH

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be more then pennies from grandpa's piggybank, did you check the other bags? Awesome score!

silvereagle78

Mar 14, 2009
The Burgh PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites SilverEagle
Wow! :o Congrats, thats more than I expect to get in one year, let alone more than I found in a few years combined :laughing7:

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
silvercop said:
as many of you know i have been struggling with the halves for a few months so i have been cranking up the ryedale and searching pennies. i went to the bank yesterday and bought 300.00 worth in bags off of the coin counter. i ran them last night and one of the bags contained 1157 wheat pennies. guess someone cashed in grandpa's piggy bank. most wheats i have ever gotten in one bag.

That's sweet. Good score.

I have 64 boxes of pennies sitting here. I've been busy, and also doing some nickels lately, but my orders of pennies continue to come in. So the stack is getting bigger and bigger. I really need to hamer out a few hours on the ryedale and knock that pile down.

Been getting about 17% on copper and 6 wheats per box. NOt great on wheats, but the copper is good to save. :-)

Great job on your score. And o the large copper too!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never in my wildest dreams! Wow, now that's a haul.

apush :read2:

Recovering Relics

Jan 12, 2010
New England
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Can you be successful with maybe a few bank rolls of dimes or pennies?

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOOOOOO....what a score....best I ever did was one night at work I got 5 dollars worth and then the next night I got $4 worth....might have to start doing this......maybe I can find what some of you guys find..... :hello2:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one heck of a harvest SC. Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread