Box of plastic-wrapped Brinks dimes

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Pulled six, all Roosies. As always, I enjoy taking pictures of my finds. This pic came out a bit crappy, unfortunately. It's also huge, I apologize in advance. All the silver dimes are lined up, save for the roll that has two.

IMAG0071.jpg

I'm hoping dime boxes around here are finally recovering after a month of crappy finds.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Forgot to add, I'm now at 75 silver roosies found, and 30 mercs. Just shy of $11k in dimes searched, which means I'm averaging about 2.4 per box.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Ltrain said:
Forgot to add, I'm now at 75 silver roosies found, and 30 mercs. Just shy of $11k in dimes searched, which means I'm averaging about 2.4 per box.

Wow.

I'm down to less than 1 per box. Good job! :icon_thumright:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I've searched dimes for a couple years and the only silver rims I ever find in those clear-wrapped are lots of Canadian slugs. Your merc average is excellent for the amount searched. ffd

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice batch of dimes, that's really good for one box

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
Ltrain said:

wow nice, you pushing for 100 on the year? all boxes brinks? btw i only see 4 silvers in pic? my eyes bad or what? :icon_scratch: i search clear wraps, plz say its not my eyes

OP
OP
Ltrain

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
d2arcing said:
Ltrain said:

wow nice, you pushing for 100 on the year? all boxes brinks? btw i only see 4 silvers in pic? my eyes bad or what? :icon_scratch: i search clear wraps, plz say its not my eyes

Sorry man, it's your eyes... Although I damn near missed the top one, thought it was a clad, but put it aside as suspicious. They're all in line, save for the bottom one, which had two... the other is four to the right of the one that's in line with the others.

I'm sure I'll hit 100 roosies on the year, I picked up another two today out of a different type of box... not sure who supplies those banks, I think it's Loomis though. My biggest find (19 mercs, 8 roosies) came out of what I think are the Loomis boxes, though. Brinks boxes definitely have treated me well, I've found several boxes with over 5 silvers.

In other news, got skunked on a box of halves, and pulled 4 war nicks, plus a dateless buffy out of a box of nickels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions