Am I the only one who...

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Spreadsheets everything I search? I've got tabs for halves, dimes, quarters, and nickels. Pennies are the exception.

It's cool because I can calculate how much silver I've found, as well as how much it's worth, and the amount of profit per box, etc. Tons of different things I've set up. I'm a total spreadsheet nerd.

Attachments

• spreadsheet.jpg
    spreadsheet.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ltrain said:
Spreadsheets everything I search? I've got tabs for halves, dimes, quarters, and nickels. Pennies are the exception.

It's cool because I can calculate how much silver I've found, as well as how much it's worth, and the amount of profit per box, etc. Tons of different things I've set up. I'm a total spreadsheet nerd.
No I am the only one, used to also keep track of all my metal detecting coin finds but got tired of counting each batch.

Now I only keep track of all gold, silver and silver coins. I like it when I do not update the spot closing price for several days. and then when i do see the grand total jump in the hundreds sometimes.

I am a self taught spreadsheet junkie too. :thumbsup:
I once had a business that all I sold were spreadsheets that helped soap and toiletry makers price their products.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I got everything written, amounts searched, dates, total value. I even sorted 5000 wheats by hand to document dates

HH
-GC

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Purchased $3700 in coin today. (2 buys and 2 dumps.) Quarters, Dimes, Nickles and Pennies. Already Did the Quarters and Dimes and dumped them so I can use the capitol for tomorrows searches. Still have $200 in Niclkes too search and $200 in pennies. I'll work on those throughout the week.

I love spread sheets but don't have time to track all that activity. Sometimes I just don't want to know how much time I'm wasting. A spread sheet like that would just prove it. Instead I only track my finds for the month. It's so much easier and a lot more rewarding.

I'd rather put more emphasis on buying and searching whatever I can get my hands on. Keeping all those stats would cut into my searches.

Mojo

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I have 3 I try to add to every day, one for the month, one for YTD, and I also use the Moneychangers Portfolio Calculator. I don't keep track of what I search, that would just be sick. HH Mark

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also keep written, amounts searched, dates, value and what banks I hit and when.
Have to write something down or I forget what banks I hit, I try to let them build up sometimes ;D.
HH..Miner

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep all my finds written down on a paper towel from taco bell.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread