$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Friendly Tellers - Gotta Love 'Em...

Hello All,

Friendly Teller #1:
Yesterday I went to dump some coins today at a new dump bank and the teller asks me if I like coins and 'funny money' (you all know what my answer was). :tongue3: Anyways, she says she has a silver dime in her drawer do I want it??? Do I want it??? YEAH! So she digs it out of her drawer and sells it to me for one whole dime! It was a '63 roosie. I was so thankful I asked her if she would call me if she gets in any more 'funny money' and she wrote my name down on her list (there were two others on it as well). She said she calls everyone on her list and whoever gets there first gets it -- I live closeby so hopefully I can make good on her cold calls! :) I also bought 23 Ikes off her which she was happy to get rid of.

Friendly Teller #2:
Today I was dumping my last 2 skunk boxes of the week and I decided to call this ghetto bank which always has halves but when I have called numerous times before they have told me they have already sold what they had (competition is tough)!!! ;D So I was going to be in the area and decided to call them again - the teller I spoke to had $3 worth of loose halves and since she had them in her hand I asked her what years they were and she said "1967, 1969" - I stopped her mid sentence and said I'd be right there even though I was 20 minutes away. I get there and she forgot to mention she also had a 1968 and a 1943 Walking Liberty to go with them!!! :hello2: I almost popped my top with excitement and calmly handed here three dollars and thanked her very much! Not only was it my first WL in the wild but it was my third this week!!! What are the odds??? :tongue3:

Friendly Teller #3:
On my way home from picking up those lovely halves ;D I get a call from my favorite teller (the one who saves the half dollar rolls from the old lady who's late father had the 'vault'). It was really weird because I was just thinking earlier today that I hadn't heard from her in a couple of weeks and I was really hoping the old lady would be dropping off some more half dollar rolls soon. She said she had gotten in 2 rolls of halves and she would hold them for me. I was 2 minutes away at the time so I swing in and she grabs them for me - I asked her if that old lady had been back with any half dollars and she said no but she was in this morning and dropped off $300 worth of dimes from her father's vault! :sign13: I freaked out (internally of course) and said can I buy them from you and of course she remembered the delectable bag of fun-sized candy bars I purchased for her and her tellers so she quickly obliged (and was happy to do so because as she said, "the rolls smelled moldy"). :laughing7: I asked her to call me if this old lady brings in any more rolled change and she said she would be happy to do so! Well, to end this friendly teller tale the rolls did smell bad but not that bad, there didn't appear to be a dime in there newer than 1987 and it gave up a 1947 roosie and (drum roll please) a 1944D merc!!! :laughing7: I was supper excited to find my first merc and I can't wait till the old lady brings in some more of her father's old coin rolls. :hello2: Friendly tellers, gotta love 'em!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Upvote 0

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
Re: 3 Friendly Tellers - Gotta Love 'Em...

Good score on the silver, and GREAT score on the tellers! :hello2: It's always great to have an army of friendly tellers willing to hand over all their silver :laughing9:

gold eye

Jan 2, 2010
tampa fl
Detector(s) used
garret masterhunter 7x ace 250

Congrats on the WL i got one this week to in the wild a1944 made my day too just have to love them. happy hunting ron

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

Dont ask for years or cherrypick, just take them all. I cant tell you how many times tellers told me how they found out about silver because a collector asked a certain way. Remeber you cant compete against the tellers.

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

quiksilver said:
Dont ask for years or cherrypick, just take them all. I cant tell you how many times tellers told me how they found out about silver because a collector asked a certain way. Remeber you cant compete against the tellers.

I always take all the halves a bank has, it is CRH common courtesy. I don't know why but for some reason I was compelled to ask for dates today because I heard her counting them on the phone (I have never asked this before). This is the only bank I ever call and ask for halves, all other banks that I look for halves at I actually go into the branches and take all they have.

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

OP
OP
$ilver$urfer

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

blacoint said:
do these tellers know you're looking for silver? How do you get them to call you? I wouldn't mind having a teller call me.

Some do and don't care or it may be bank policy that they cannot take any currency, etc. Some don't know and that is the way I and others like it. It is all about building relationships my friend!!! I work full-time but I also own a very successful side business which causes me to frequently have to go to numerous banks in the area anyways so CRH has worked out well for me. :icon_thumleft:

Great story on the old lady at the gas station - that is one heck of a score!!! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread