Great nickels, still getting BU early nics!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
We got 33 more rolls of nickels while we wait for our two boxes of halves (next week!). So, we're still getting some early unc nickels and had some other great finds today:

1928 Buffalo
1935 Buffalo
1944 P War Nic
1938 P Unc
1958 D Unc
German 5 Euro Cent
and 27 other pre-1960

My daughter and I had fun. She screamed when she found her 1935 Buffalo. Also found a nickel with a hole in it. She gets all coins with holes for her collection. She has about 100 now! Amazing how many people drill holes in coins... She even has quite a few silver holed coins.

I think we'll keep hitting the nickels til we quit getting these BU coins. Pretty crazy... I'm convinced somebody must have dumped a bunch of BU coins or even rolls in my area.

Still haven't gotten a V Nickel, but I hope to join that club one of these days.

We still need a couple of Jeffersons to fill our book. Not sure how many nickels I have to dump, but the bag weighs about 85 pounds now. I guess I could do the math..... at 5 grams a piece that is a lot of coins. OK, I just did the math it's about 7,700 nickels. Gotta dump them faster, but I try to take it easy on the ladies at the bank. They are so nice to me so I try to keep it at 20lbs or less per trip.

Speaking of the tellers in my local banks, they are incredibly nice. They save all intersting coins for my daughter and me, have to be the friendliest bunch I've met in all CRH years. Make friends with the tellers, it sure helps with this hobby. Well worth the occasional chocolate treat!

Well, HSH to all. I hope to score with our halves next week.

Upvote 0

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Nice scores on those nickels and it's nice to see your youngster involved in the hobby.
Congrats,
rileyboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread