Anyone here score a set of ATB this week?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I know a few of you are following the ATB coin saga
http://www.numismaticnews.net/article/Scarce_5_oz_coins_reach_FUN/
and have been trying to score a set. Has anyone here scored a set?

On Tuesday A-mark opened their sales window and sold about 2750 sets in less than 2 hours - :tongue3: Pretty crazy and a flippers paradise if you got in. :headbang: Closest thing to a sure bet from the US Mint in a while. Just thought I'd toss it out to my fellow CRH Forumite's that this one is probably worth your time and money.

Maine_Jim

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
i worked hard trying to get a set. Didn't happen. On the waiting list at a few places, and harassed them a few times, but never got a call. And the one store that I saw opend to the public for them, but would not sell to me via phone (they were in IL.)

So I missed them. Thought of buying on ebay, and bid a few at $2,200, but they sold at $2,500. Decided that even if they might go higher, not worth the risk. At $900 it was a no brainer (And I'd hold for the future, at least the first set I got), but at $2,200 or $2,500, now you're playing the gamble, and it was too scary for me to do. Rather buy more eagles at par and play the "silver" market than hope to gain on the "hype" market.

Did youi get any?

craig101

May 8, 2006
yeah i got a set from MTB coming. they cashed my check on the 11th and i have my confirmation number from them. they should mail the set in a week or so. I listed it for sale here in the classifieds section for $2k.

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Got my order in last week at Amark. Not real happy with them as they charged my credit card on day one, but they don't expect to ship for 6-8 weeks. Also, the shipping was $99. Post office charges no more than $35 insured. And silver has been droppin like a rock ever since. Other than that I'm can't wait to see them!

Joad

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
joad said:
Got my order in last week at Amark. Not real happy with them as they charged my credit card on day one, but they don't expect to ship for 6-8 weeks. Also, the shipping was $99. Post office charges no more than $35 insured. And silver has been droppin like a rock ever since. Other than that I'm can't wait to see them!

Joad

Amark? Do they have more? HOw can I contact them, just in case?

OP
OP
maine_Jim

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I scored a set from Amark. I hear that Amark is about done with them - might release another 250 later in February. Apmex is holding about 3000 of them and dicking around with the process. I was lucky on the Amark as my order was in the last couple hundred. At $975 for a PCGS set it is a no-brainer...at $2500 I'd be a little leery.

Maine_Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread