What is the Most Exclusive Club in CRH?

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I myself found all except 55.

There is another club you missed. It is the 1995 silver proof club. I found one myself but I believe less people found a 1995 silver proof than those found a 55 Ben. The mintage of 95 silver proof is very low.

Price wise, you have to pay between $40-50 to buy a 1995 silver proof in order to fill a hole if you can't find one in the wild. However you only need to pay $15-25 to buy a 1955 MS ben.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
GMan00001 has a good point. I think I recall all of those coins mentioned. Myself I even found a few of the tough ones including a Capped Bust (letter edged, teller handed it to me). I've found many 1970s but alas no 1955 half. If you spend enough time in the hobby strange things appear and often when you least expect it! I agree good topic! :icon_thumright:

Maine_Jim

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with GMan and maine_Jim. Except I'd have taken it one step further and also mentioned that wrong planchet half error that was found a month or so ago. That thing seemed pretty stinkin' exclusive to me. What comes to some of our twisted minds when you say "most exclusive", is just that, the coins found that would exclude the rest of us mortals. Those are by definition, the most exclusive. When I first read the title, I thought "hmmm... what CRH found coin would exclude the most people, but has been found here...oh man...that Roman coin killed us...so did that shield nickel....and that $5 gold...."

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Yeah, I should've had it be more clear.. that was my mistake. When I first put up the title, I didn't think of all the different sorts of rarities that can be found out there.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
how about incidents with the cops due to coin collecting.

or how i walked into a plateglass window next to the door at a BofA in CT last week and broke it.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have say the 1975 half dollar! I say this because there are probably 1500 tellers in my area looking for one and I know not one of them have found one. I keep telling them if they find one they can put their kid through college.

Good luck ladies!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
jerseyben said:
What about the 1909-S or 1909-S VDB wheat penny club? Of course I only add that because I got one. Of course lots of guys on here do pennies so it's not so far fetched.

Big difference between the two. One valued at $50 and the other at $600 (1909S VDB)

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatever it is, unfortunately, I am not a member of any of those clubs! :'(

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
yea I got a seated last yr,. my one and only. Im still stoked just thinking about it.
I think the 1995 silver proof is very hard aswell. I got one, the 1955 franklin isnt too bad.

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
I got a box off rolled wheats today it is not on the list. total counrted wheats were 980 . does that count as a hoard box .wo wo :headbang:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm starting to think anybody who hasn't been shut down is in an exclusive club

usatc

Nov 28, 2008
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think I saw anybody mention it - How about the 1971-D 40% silver?

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usatc said:

So far this still is a urban legend. Anyone has a picture from PCGS or NGC to prove its existence?

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Yinzi50 said:
usatc said:

So far this still is a urban legend. Anyone has a picture from PCGS or NGC to prove its existence?
Not an Urban legend. I think Rich found one a year or two ago. I found one years back and sold it with a bunch of 40%s by mistake. If it was made, it can be found with time.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
OmegaMan said:
Yinzi50 said:
usatc said:

Not an Urban legend. I think Rich found one a year or two ago. I found one years back and sold it with a bunch of 40%s by mistake. If it was made, it can be found with time.

I've never hear of it. I have a cherry picker's guide and it doesn't even mention it. I remember someone here found a half struck on a Taiwan planchet but not a 1971-D 40%er. Anyone here can verify?

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
OmegaMan said:
Yinzi50 said:
usatc said:

I've never hear of it. I have a cherry picker's guide and it doesn't even mention it. I remember someone here found a half struck on a Taiwan planchet but not a 1971-D 40%er. Anyone here can verify?

This link is from Heritage Coin Auctions - check it out!

http://coins.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=330&Lot_No=9609&src=pr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread