What is the Most Exclusive Club in CRH?

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 70D and 70S is probably the most elite as both were NIFC and only in mint sets/Proof sets respectively.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
I would add getting a true monster box (150 or more 90% box) or monster customer roll find of (200 or more 90% in solid rolls from one bank stop). Seems to happen a couple times a year total on this forum. Getting rarer and rarer...

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
maine_Jim said:
I would add getting a true monster box (150 or more 90% box) or monster customer roll find of (200 or more 90% in solid rolls from one bank stop). Seems to happen a couple times a year total on this forum. Getting rarer and rarer...

Maine_Jim

I think the monster dream box would be the automatic elite winner since very few have gotten one. I have never gotten anything like that. I was thinking of finds that are possible within boxes but not impossible to get.

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer
I have found a Barber half so it can't be that tough. Besides I wouldn't want to be part of any club that would have me for a member.

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kestrelia said:
What about 55 Franklin or Halves older than Barbers?
A '55 was posted on here a month or so ago. Very nice condition- maybe even MS.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Stang1968 said:
kestrelia said:
A '55 was posted on here a month or so ago. Very nice condition- maybe even MS.

I added the 55 Franklin to the list.. I've never gotten one.

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
kestrelia said:

I think getting a Seated or Bust Half would be very exclusive.. too exclusive since most of us here on this board have never gotten one.. at least not me.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
kestrelia said:

I think getting a Seated or Bust Half would be very exclusive.. too exclusive since most of us here on this board have never gotten one.. at least not me.

I think that what makes seated exclusive, not many have found one. I know I have seen 3-4 reported in the past year on here and realcent. Bust would be almost impossible as they are not the same size as modern halves if I recall, that is unless a teller hands one over to you.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
What about the 1909-S or 1909-S VDB wheat penny club? Of course I only add that because I got one. Of course lots of guys on here do pennies so it's not so far fetched.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
AGCoinHunter said:
SFBayArea said:
kestrelia said:

I think that what makes seated exclusive, not many have found one. I know I have seen 3-4 reported in the past year on here and realcent. Bust would be almost impossible as they are not the same size as modern halves if I recall, that is unless a teller hands one over to you.

Any reeded half dollar, including Bust half dollars can be found in rolls. The lettered edge Bust half dollars and earlier could be found by tellers handing over the goods. The diameter for reeded half dollars are 30.6mm. The diameter for lettered half dollars are 32.5 mm.

The oldest half I've found was a Seated Liberty.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my Barber the first week of crhing. Found my '70 D in the first 3 months. I've never found a silver commem, so that's how I voted.

ffd

65gt350

Mar 6, 2007
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Toltec 100
Since I have found all of the above the one that took the longest to find was the 55 Franklin but I think the most exclusive would have to be the Seated or maybe the key date club (1916-D Merc), (1921-D Walker), etc..

HH,
65GT350

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other exclusive CRH clubs (that would have members on this board):

a) Capped Bust half dollars
b) Ancient Roman coins
c) Gold coins (real gold, not painted gold, any denomination)
d) Large cents
e) Flying eagle cents
f) Shield nickels
g) Seated (any denomination)
h) Barber quarters (halves are easy by comparison)
i) 3 cent pieces (any variety)

OP
OP
SFBayArea

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I started the poll for coins that could be found but yet are not virtually impossible. I just think it's virtually impossible for most regulars here to find a seated half but some of us will find a barber or 1970 half in our lifetimes that is if you keep searching. For those who have found one, congrats. You've gotten a once in a lifetime find. One could also put up a 1969-S Doubled die cent club but only a few people in the entire country can claim that. I didn't want to put up a coins that are virtually impossible to get through CRH. The poll was geared toward halves since the majority of CRHers look at halves.

BTW - How many people on this forum have found a Seated Half in Bank Boxes? I remember Ugotit had one last year if I'm not mistaken.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
I started the poll for coins that could be found but yet are not virtually impossible. I just think it's virtually impossible for most regulars here to find a seated half but some of us will find a barber or 1970 half in our lifetimes that is if you keep searching. For those who have found one, congrats. You've gotten a once in a lifetime find. One could also put up a 1969-S Doubled die cent club but only a few people in the entire country can claim that. I didn't want to put up a coins that are virtually impossible to get through CRH. The poll was geared toward halves since the majority of CRHers look at halves.

BTW - How many people on this forum have found a Seated Half in Bank Boxes? I remember Ugotit had one last year if I'm not mistaken.

Then, I guess I was fooled by your title of "Most Exclusive" club in CRH. I was listing coins that could be found, but are found by very few people. Each of the ideas I had have actually been finds posted by members on this board so although they are difficult, they are possible.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice topic SFBayArea. I voted for the silver comm.

apush :read2:

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
I voted old silver commems since I haven't got one yet and I think they are fascinating coins. Seated Liberty's (and older) would definitely be an exclusive club since they are so hard to find, but not impossible. I would love to be a member of the gold club though ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread