$6 in gas for free....

1235CE

May 23, 2006
The Beautiful Berkshires in Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Hello all......stopped and filled up my gas can this afternoon for my mower (2 gallons, 6 bucks) and went to the Hess booth to pay for it.....put 12 clad halves in the tray (always got some spare halves kicking around the center console area) and the lady says "I can't take these" ....and asks me for 6 bucks cash.......I said " You won't take money from me?".......She said (I swear) "These are like novelty things"........Now I got 2 people behind me and I do have about 30 bucks in my wallet but (on principle) I told her I didn't have anything but these halves and I said "Would you take 24 quarters from me??"......she said "Sure, I'll take quarters"......I said, "You'll take 24 quarters but you won't take 12 halves???!@!!???!!!"......she said "No, I won't, 6 dollars please (super rudely!)......Politely told her that I would have go run home (10 miles) and get her 6 bucks and she says "O.K."......Put the gas can in my trunk...................and I'm not going back.

Yes, this is wrong, stealing and all of that so that statement should eliminate everyone telling me how horrible I am.......Let her tell the station owner why she is 6 bucks short in the register.....let the comments fly.... ;D

HH all
Greg

Upvote 0

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
I HAVE left places without paying before. In Texas all you have to do is make a reasonable effort at proper payment. They refuse, they lose. It helps if you have a proper witness or other backup though. At the time I was a peace officer who dealt in civil process a lot. It may have changed by now as I left law enforcment in 1995, so don't quote me on current law here.

Rich

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bscofield6 said:
Aguila said:
That is just too gosh darned funny!!!!!!!!I think I will try doing that just to see what the reaction is. I am the kind of person that has no quelms whatsoever with re-educating our countries generation"x"

most don't know their 7 continents

7 ?

Humm, Let's see. I'm not Generation X
I'm Generation, "Didn't care in School, When I botherd to go" :P

Asia.

Africa,

Europe.

Atlantis

America

In-continents

I'm lost :D

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
bscofield6 said:
Aguila said:
That is just too gosh darned funny!!!!!!!!I think I will try doing that just to see what the reaction is. I am the kind of person that has no quelms whatsoever with re-educating our countries generation"x"

most don't know their 7 continents

& ?

Humm, Let's see. I'm not Generation X
I'm Generation, "Didn't care in School, When I botherd to go" :P

Asia.

Africa,

Europe.

Atlantis

America

In-continents

I'm lost :D

haha, I think I'm going to report this post to the moderators ;) haha :)

North America
South America
Africa
Antarctica
Europe
Asia
Australia

Now who knows their 50 states? haha ;)

I was always enjoyed competing in hs... so back then I could name every president, vice president, years in office, what party they were in, states, capitals, every country on the map, etc.

I just liked being first, haha, so I memorized it all back then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread