Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at a couple of error coin websites, and saw that a new error nickel has been discoveded and the coins are selling real well. The new 2005D nickel has a die gouge going up and down thru the middle of the buffalo, looking like it has been speared. They are calling it the speared bison nickel. Here is the website to take a look at a picture of one: http://www.coinresource.com/news/news2005/Speared_Buffalo_Nickel_2005.htm

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty neat! I'll have to check the roll I bought. Thanks for posting the link Wayne.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, no speared buffalos in my roll. Decided to do a bit more nickel hunting and got the worst results so far this year. From $35 -

1957D
1959D

1998 Canadian

Absolutley pitiful!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great info!, Thanks for the tip...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I've been searching for the speared bison, so far no luck. Searched $107.00 in nickles last night and still have more to go thru tonight.

jmh

Greenie
Nov 24, 2004
Have a buddy who found several of these type nickels. Sent them off and had them graded. A person has to look very close to see the so called spear. He researched where these were released and actually went to small town banks and found them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread