New Experience for me.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed over the course of the last eight months that the finds have been getting slimmer with an occasional good box. I gave up CRH and just started buying silver when I could find a good price on it. I got bored last Thursday and went to my usual "Honey Hole" and asked for any half dollars they might have. The teller was obviously new, never seen her before, said she didn't have any but the vault had some. How many do you want, I told her that I would take anything they had. She came back, after a long period of time, with a 1, yes 1 measly roll of halfs. Said that alot of people are asking each day and the tellers are fed up with the requests so all halfs have been moved to the vault.

Then the vault manager asked if I was looking for Silver, told her that I was a coin collector and still needed a few for my book. Then she realized who I was, Said "You are coach". I coach Track at a local high school and the old vault managers daughter was on the team, therefore my name is always coach... :laughing7: She said let me look around for you. Ten minutes later she came back with 12 rolls of Halfs.. :icon_scratch: all were skunks but I guess if you are known to someone and are in good standing, they go out of their way to help you. Chocolate at Christmas probably had something to do with it as well.

Anyways, I digressed, all the rolls were skunks. Stopped at 13 other banks in our area and nobody had any Half dollars. It is getting tough to find any and know I remember why I gave up in the first place. Guess the boat was good while it was adrift.

Freedom

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should try finding banks that have coin machines and ask if you can buy bags off of it. I try to buy dime and half bags, they have always given up silver for me. Or just try searching customer wrapped dime rolls if you can't get halves. I find silver dimes a lot still, not as many people hunt them. Plus banks always have them. Just a thought, good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread