Clear Wrap Dimes - Dumping Process

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Where I live, I always get the paper String rolls, but I took a trip to Illinois last month and got lots of Brink clear wrap boxes. The boxes seemed to be the same as far as the results - 1-2 per box. What I was curious about is how the members who get the Brinks clear wraps dump them. I went to one bank that just counted the rolls and gave me my money which I was amazed at. I dumped over 2k in dimes in less than a minute! However, the next bank I went to cut every roll open and ran them through the counter, which led to one of the longest dumps I ever took ;D

What is the norm for all you who get the Clear wraps?

Upvote 0

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
MentalUnrest said:
However, the next bank I went to cut every roll open and ran them through the counter, which led to one of the longest dumps I ever took ;D

haha

I always use counting machines for my coins. I never roll coins (except for the handful of boxes that I did while in college).

CardsNCoins

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cut them open, bag them up, and dump them myself in a free coin counter.

HH

Nick

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Depends on where you are I guess. When I was in VA they waanted everything rolled. Now I am in MO and they only want to run them thru their machine....

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I haven't done full boxes yet, basically because I'm trying to figure out how to dump a full box of clear wrapped.

I get 3 or 4 rolls every time I'm at the bank, which is every 2 or 3 days.

Are you all sure that dimes were minted in silver? LOL. It has been all skunks for me.

For the few handfuls of clear wrapped that I have, dumping is no problem at the banks. They take them rolled, and seem happy to get them.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
clovis97 said:
I haven't done full boxes yet, basically because I'm trying to figure out how to dump a full box of clear wrapped.

I get 3 or 4 rolls every time I'm at the bank, which is every 2 or 3 days.

Are you all sure that dimes were minted in silver? LOL. It has been all skunks for me.

For the few handfuls of clear wrapped that I have, dumping is no problem at the banks. They take them rolled, and seem happy to get them.

Yes, I'm sure. I got 3 CWR rolls at a Chase once with a Silver Dime. I got 5 CWR rolls at a Wells Fargo with two Silver Dimes. And at another Wells Fargo, I searched 4 of their plastic rolls, one had a Silver in it.i

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find a bank that doesn't have a coin counter and they will probably take the rolls. In my area, banks that have coin counters will NOT accept rolls.

buckanear

Oct 27, 2009
My Banks simply count the rolls.I avoid the Banks that want to count each coin.It would cut into my chase time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread