New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Bankboxsearcher

Apr 19, 2011
Man that stinks. Ive had to do that before to. I currently have 2 pick up banks. 2 boxes each. I had it up to 3 banks each with a box or 2. But one want 6 bucks a box thats when I closed out the account. One was going to charge me.. but found out it costs them no more then their reg orders.. so good on that bank for now. It can be hard to banks willing to help the customers. I'm always looking for another bank just in case one turns from Jekyll to Hyde.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my banks try to charge me a month or so ago I also told them no. Right now I have 3 banks that will order me boxes. I would like to find another one just ot be on the safe side. Never know when I will need it.......Matt

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Sorry about the bad news!

I often wonder how long my luck will hold out with both my supply bank and my dump banks.

dpy52081

Feb 16, 2011
Long Island, NY
If my math is right, then is the fee for a box of halves $7.50? (50 rolls times the 15 cents). At that rate all you need is to average one 90% or two 40% to be ahead of the game.

Just my (clad) 2 cents :)

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
dpy52081 said:
If my math is right, then is the fee for a box of halves $7.50? (50 rolls times the 15 cents). At that rate all you need is to average one 90% or two 40% to be ahead of the game.

Just my (clad) 2 cents :)
How often do most here find a 90% or a pair of 40% in every box? I know I don't.

I don't post many of my halves skunks anymore, but I've just gone through my 7th straight skunk halves box in a little over a week. I keep trying halves boxes, but I wouldn't bother if I had to pay a fee to get them. I have better luck finding silver from sources other than halves boxes.

Bob

kat_wsale

Apr 17, 2011
SeaninNH said:
I went to 1 of my pick up banks and they told me they would have to start charging me a .15 per roll fee for boxes from now on.

My reply was "Well then, lets close out the account".

I'm down to 1 pick up bank now. Guess I'll look for a new pick up bank next week.
I pay 1 dollar for 1k bags. They wanted to charge .08 per roll and i told them i wanted it in bags then. :-) One banks tried to charge me .15 so now i just use there change machine in the lobby. They even wanted .15 for a roll of pennies. lmao

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread