Single most best find?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1909-s wheat penny in extremely worn shape, just can make out the 0 in 1909. confused it as a 1919s at first until i got my loupe. too worn to tell if it is a vdb, how great would that be if it were? ;D

other than that, i'd have to say either my 1908 IHP or 1904 V nic

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Twenty-three customer wrapped rolls of Walking Liberty and Franklin Half Dollars at one bank back in 2008. (Not one Kennedy Half in the bunch! Was my best score to date.
rileyboy

OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
rileyboy said:
Twenty-three customer wrapped rolls of Walking Liberty and Franklin Half Dollars at one bank back in 2008. (Not one Kennedy Half in the bunch! Was my best score to date.
rileyboy

wow epic score there... who in there right mind would turn those in?!!? gah the ignorance..

OP
OP
brendan1414

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
RoyHalladay said:
That has to be the greatest coin find ever that wasn't from a sunken ship in the ocean. Amazing.

That has to be the greatest find since
osama bin Laden. Amazing.

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Once had a teller let me cherry pick th ehalf bag and I got 320 (i think) 40% with no dumps.

found 6 rolls of WL, Franklins and 64's one time.

MANY smaller but just as fun times. Like 2 solid rolls of Franklins, or last month I found 2 solid rolls of 64's

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
The $4,000 check in my mail box from selling some of my finds.

The look on my wifes face when she realized my "stupid coins" just caught up the bills and bought me a really nice new gun was just a bonus :).

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't found anything epic yet.

Oldest is like a 20 something walker and a 1910 Penny. Best box is 10 total halves.

HH
Bigheed

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
gotta agree with Cherryman..... $$ for finds is the single coolest thing I have found.... I found enough within my first 6 months to buy me a new hookah dive system and Surf PI... then found 13 gold rings with that set up... one is a 3/8 princess cut diamond... sold 10 of those rings and paid lots of bills.. then this year I hit 9 rolls of 40% in one score.. sold them and am leaving tomorrow for the beach with the $$ I got.... so since that means a family vacation .. I would say finding my family has been my single greatest find!

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
minton7 said:
gotta agree with Cherryman..... $$ for finds is the single coolest thing I have found.... I found enough within my first 6 months to buy me a new hookah dive system and Surf PI... then found 13 gold rings with that set up... one is a 3/8 princess cut diamond... sold 10 of those rings and paid lots of bills.. then this year I hit 9 rolls of 40% in one score.. sold them and am leaving tomorrow for the beach with the $$ I got.... so since that means a family vacation .. I would say finding my family has been my single greatest find!

Best yet!

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Lol! Well actually more than one type but nothing that would impress anyone. I'm a simple guy.

And I make it a habit to not talk details on things I buy off the books. :) Got to love Texas private sales!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread