How many pounds of copper do you have???

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just started hoarding pre-82 pennies and I think I just eclipsed or am close to 100lbs of copper. Curious out there what your is sitting on. I think I heard once some guy say a couple of thousand pounds??? Might be wrong. Is there any feebay sellers out there? And are people going nuts on copper again?

Would love to see pics of your big penny hoard:)

Thanks,

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I don't have too many copper pennies, but I have hoarded hundreds of pounds of copper pipe and ground wire, legally. It's crazy how much copper is out there. I don't consider myself a scrapper, just an opportunist.

RoyHalladay

May 16, 2011
I just started last week. Searched about $50 of pennies and have about $15-20 face value. It's so fun to do. I store them in old blue Mason jars and have 2 full. My girlfriend still thinks I'm crazy but she bought me $16 in pennies today from her bank.

OP
OP
StevoCBR

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's cool, and it's meat because it's in the us penny but copper is copper. Here is a pic of my stash. Did find my first indian head the other day and my first blank. That was fun.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 552
OP
OP
StevoCBR

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TXTim said:
4,200 + at the moment.

WHAT...4200ilbs :notworthy:

Wow I would love to see what that looks like. Very impressive!

Is it all in pennies?

ScrapperChad

Greenie
May 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No copper pennies. But I did have 83 lbs of copper wire and tubing removed from air conditioner compressors/cords and the air conditioner radiators.

I hated to sell at $2.30 lb but had some bills that needed taken care of. I have more copper though so hopefully by the time I get the copper removed from more of my ac compressors and a/c radiators the price will hopefully go up.

Chad

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I also sort & stack copper cents, which I stash away in the wide-mouth Gatorade quart size plastic jugs. Each bottle holds about $12.00 of pennies, and I have about 20 qts on hand and counting = $240 of copper.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many. I don't save them anymore, but it would kill me to toss them back since it took me a while to cull them out. I'd say that I have 400 POUNDS.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got about 2500 wheats and ive got about 3000-3500 memorials.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread