Fun penny box!

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going through a brinks box of pennies, and I've already found such cool stuff that I had to post even though I'm only halfway done. (I've started an album, so I'm sorting it all by dates and going over each coin with a fine toothed comb, so it takes some time).

I've already found several wheaties, but also, a 1903 Indian Head:
Qmmjj.jpg

But just now I found this lovely 1971 penny with some artwork stamped into it commemorating the safe splash-down of Apollo 13:
ifC0w.jpg

JUSKp.jpg

Believe it or not, I was able to take these pictures just holding up a loupe to my crappy camera phone, and they turned out a lot better than I expected.

Upvote 0

useramg

Apr 11, 2011
Michigan
I found a penny like this except it had the state of Texas stamped on it in the same place. Does anyone have any information on who does this? Is it similar to one of those machines that flattens coins?

Adam

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brendan1414 said:
nice photos, and awesome finds! maybe ill have to do a penny box. ugh the work... lol

I just got into penny boxes and I think there are fun. Yes no silver but if your keeping copper there are keepers in every roll ;D

OP
OP
captainfwiffo

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The box ended up producing 12 later date wheats, several Canadians including the one with the dove on it, and another one of those Bahamanian pennies with the starfish on it.

1950 D
1952 D
1956 D x 2
1957 x 2
1957 D
1958 D

Agro

Dec 13, 2010
Cali
nice apollo stamp. reminds me of the opening animation on 'i dream of jeannie'

OP
OP
captainfwiffo

captainfwiffo

May 11, 2011
Southwest Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap! I just spied a 1999 Wide AM. It's in fairly ordinary circulated condition, but I know it's a scarce coin. Anybody know the value?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also found a penny with kennedy's face stamped above the date facing lincoln.

Nice pictures and congrats on the indian head penny! I remember my first and only one so far, 1908...

HH
BuffaloBoy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread