Why CRH will never catch on to everyone

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend in PA started looking for silver a while back. He cannot get boxes from any banks in his area. I told him, "Why don't you try and buy bags from the machine?" He said, "The risk outweighs the reward." Thinking he will not find enough silver to make it worth his while.

While I have never done bags, I have seen some of your posts on here. CRHers will remain a small minority of the population. Most people are not willing to lug around coins to dump them.

Shawn

Upvote 0

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I am not sure the initial intent was for people to add reasons to this post. With that said, I have a reason I beleive that it will never catch on to everyone... Belief! Most people do not believe that they could ever realize such an amazing find like many of the ones people are posting on here daily. Same reason most people will never open a business, or quit there job that they hate.

I do however think that more people who are willing to do it are catching on every day, just in the few short months I have been doing this as a hobby, I have noticed many things that indicate to me that this hobby is growing in popularity very very quickly.

Happy hunting everyone.

Chris

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
d2arcing said:
laziness... people rather go steal a candy bar vs find a 40% to pay for it...

So True.. some friends I have know about it.. but would rather waste time doing Fantasy Baseball, Football, etc or playing video games.

Although fun those things are, in the end.. you're not going to get ahead by playing bunch of games.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a person was to get started CRH'ing today, I would be willing to bet they would have another solid 5 years before the silver runs dry. IF silver doesn't skyrocket too soon (and it just might).

Shawn

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
koala33 said:
If a person was to get started CRH'ing today, I would be willing to bet they would have another solid 5 years before the silver runs dry. IF silver doesn't skyrocket too soon (and it just might).

Shawn
We said the same thing back in 1980.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
fistfulladirt said:
koala33 said:

Shawn

That is until prices came back down. It depends on the pricing.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
fistfulladirt said:
koala33 said:

Shawn

Question for some of you veterans regarding that whole Hunts bros. situation and silver. For the hobby CRH'ing, Im sure that some of the elements were similair back then, to now. I am only 28 yrs old. I am looking at this from a very limited perspective (I was a toddler during the Hunts failed expiriment), so I am just curious as to what your thoughts are. When it comes to the price of silver, do you guys think that something is (or could, I should say) going to come along and knock it back down to 5 bucks an oz? Or even 20 for that matter? I am sitting here evaluating all the parameters (that I know anyways) and It is soooo hard (impossible actually) for me to imagine that silver is coming back down(say, 20 or less per oz.) anytime soon. But, then I think that alot of people probably thought that back in the 80's when the Hunt bros did their thing. Is it just impossible for me to imagine silver coming back down to next to nothing because I happen to own some of it? I am curious as to how some of you older CRH'ers feel about this and how and why it is different now then it was back in the 80's.

Thanks, happy hunting.

DarkRider23

May 31, 2011
SFBayArea said:
d2arcing said:
laziness... people rather go steal a candy bar vs find a 40% to pay for it...

So True.. some friends I have know about it.. but would rather waste time doing Fantasy Baseball, Football, etc or playing video games.

Although fun those things are, in the end.. you're not going to get ahead by playing bunch of games.

And don't forget that some of us find CRH'ing fun :P. Spending 1-2 hours a day doing something you like and making money while doing it? Sounds awesome in my book.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread