This weeks 2 half boxes with enders!!! See pics.

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
This week's 2 half boxes with enders!!! See pics.

I was kinda sad lately as I haven't gotten an ender in a while, well got two this week. One was great the other just kinda funny. Anyways, not unhappy with the halves this week see breakdown and pics below:

Box 1: One ender -- a car wash token! First time I've gotten one of these as an ender. It looks like it will almost fall out. Interestingly, the roll was 9 grams heavy (we weigh them all for fun, and open them all as well). I thought maybe it had silver, but turns out if had 20 halves plus the token. Bonus!! Also got 2 1974D Doubled dies out of this box. No silver :(

Box 2: Much nicer! One ender -- 1964 Kennedy obverse showing! Also pulled another 1964 Kennedy out of another roll in the middle. No 40%ers at all.... Picked up two more 1974 D Doubled dies out of this box as well as a 1979 Mexican one peso! Thought it was a silver half by the edge, but not so much...

Pretty happy with two 90%ers. Also, this is the most 1974 D Doubled Dies I've picked up at once. I now have 15 I've found. Trying to corner the market on that one ;D

HH to all, on to nickels for the weekend.

Attachments

• 64 ender.jpg
    64 ender.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 351
  • Token ender.jpg
    Token ender.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0

legend76

May 17, 2010
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: This week's 2 half boxes with enders!!! See pics.

Atleast you found some silver! and a nice token :thumbsup: :laughing9:
I used to save my 74-D's to later search for the DD, but I just can't tell that easily. I rolled and dumped $130 worth Monday.....

HH,
Legend

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010

The 74 D Doubled Die is easy to spot with a loupe or magnifing glass. The trick is to look at the letters RUS in IN GOD WE TRUST. All three letters will be doubled and the R is probably the easiest to spot by looking at the leg coming down -- I can't spot them without maginification, but I'm getting old and have to wear bifocals ;D

They aren't worth a huge premium unless in nice shape, but still fun to find and I've sold a few in circulated shape for $5 to $10. About like a 40%er really. I've got one that I found that's in BU. I'm tempted to get it graded as they go for pretty good money in nice shape.

HH

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds! Ender in the yellow wrapper is a rare specimen for me, is that from a Chase bank box? The garda boxes I get are from Chase, they still produce ok just don't see many enders.

I get most of my enders from Brinks boxes.

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010

The boxes are from UMB here in Missouri. I think this bank gets their coin from Garda. Some banks around use Brinks too. I love enders!

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina

Nice silver finds - I'm still looking for a 74d DDO - I use a loupe and check them all but none yet.

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010

You'll get one! Just like silver, volume is the key. I think they are pretty rare, I estimate I look at 200 74Ds on average to find on DDO. Keep after it!

kimikiri

Jun 4, 2011
Central, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Garrett ACE 350, Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome token ender! :headbang:

Steve L.

Oct 11, 2008
Vienna, ME
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Glad to see you scoring 90s!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions