ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the genuinely nice people of the forum, like Rileyboy for example, feel the need to move on, there must be problems. Maybe these problems have always been here, but they do seem worse of late.

First off, I see a TON of jealousy. CNC and DB are the top dogs right now when it comes to finds, or at least of those that post their finds. Their boxes outproduce everyone elses' on a consistent basis. Back when I first started here, it was Rich Hartford that was "King of the Hill." His boxes were right in line with CNC and DB, if not even better, but yet he never encountered the amount of flak (at least publicly) that I see CNC especially must endure. Maybe it was Rich's charming personality that deflected a lot of it. Maybe CNC tends to rub some folks "the wrong way." Maybe a little of both...I dunno.

Second (and this seems to be the norm everywhere - not just on this forum), we seem to have lost the ability to disagree without it getting personal. It seems as though some people just cruise around looking to be offended, or better yet, trying to find something to be offended by just to pick a fight. I have never understood that, and never will - whether its in "real life" or right here on this forum. There have been many posts and posters on this forum that I have disagreed with, and in some instances I have voiced my differing opinion. Never has it been personal - just my different view of the situation. Some of my posts have had differing opinions posted by other members. Never did I take that personally either. I may not have always agreed, but I can always agree to just disagree and leave it at that. Thats the way it should be IMO. If someone disagreeing with you offends or angers you, then you shouldn't be posting on a public forum.

It really is as easy as just simply clicking the "ignore" button should you come across someone you just can't get along with. At least have the decency to use the PM feature. Its just common courtesy not to drag personal feelings and attacks on another member into the public part of a forum where everyone can see. Likely most of the rest of us don't want to see it or could care less for that matter.

This forum should be about the open sharing of finds, ideas, and opinions about all things CRH...without personal attacks. Thats my feelings anyway - feel free to disagree.

Upvote 0

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well said ArkieBassMan.

HH Dave

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10-4 on that ArkieBassMan.

Times really have changed here. I find I am posting less and reading fewer posts.

apush :read2:

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing is constant in the world, everything changes, but we have to get along with each other, otherwise there will be less trust and understanding here. After all it's all about coin roll hunting!

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed completely. Please don't leave us Arkie, You are a true fountain of wisdom. You have helped me out so much and I appreciate every word you type. You are someone I can truely call a friend.

Deep Packets

Dec 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ArkieBassMan said:
First off, I see a TON of jealousy. CNC and DB are the top dogs right now when it comes to finds, or at least of those that post their finds.

First off, you can't get rich CRH. CNC seemed to be the "top dog" here in CRH standards. However, CNC had a HORRIBLE attitude to MANY members on the forum, this is a fact. He showed his TRUE character when he spouted off at Marc, very condescending in nature, this is a fact. Why the aggression from him towards so many? Just because one is in a silver rich area, does not give you the right to talk how you wish on a public forum, especially to Admin for God's sake.

I am retired, and I am a millionaire. I golf everyday at my Country Club in my men's leauge, are many other wealthy men. CNC was nothing more than a candle in the wind. My suspicion is a 30-40 year old male, with serious inferiority issues. I will buy everything he owns in 1 hour, cash, and would love to hear him spount off to me. I have seen people like this my whole career. Yes, his stories were great, but a public forum thrives without this type of person antagonizing others. CNC should have been a class act. Obviously, without CRH finds, he is nothing.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Deep Packets said:
First off, you can't get rich CRH. CNC seemed to be the "top dog" here in CRH standards. However, CNC had a HORRIBLE attitude to MANY members on the forum, this is a fact. He showed his TRUE character when he spouted off at Marc, very condescending in nature, this is a fact. Why the aggression from him towards so many? Just because one is in a silver rich area, does not give you the right to talk how you wish on a public forum, especially to Admin for God's sake.

I am retired, and I am a millionaire. I golf everyday at my Country Club in my men's leauge, are many other wealthy men. CNC was nothing more than a candle in the wind. My suspicion is a 30-40 year old male, with serious inferiority issues. I will buy everything he owns in 1 hour, cash, and would love to hear him spount off to me. I have seen people like this my whole career. Yes, his stories were great, but a public forum thrives without this type of person antagonizing others. CNC should have been a class act. Obviously, without CRH finds, he is nothing.

All I can say to this is "WOW"..........

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree that it is nicer when everyone gets along but am I the only one who saw the post where CNC and DB both admitted to faking their finds :dontknow: . Was that all a joke or were they being truthful or was it a joke within a joke that I just don't understand. Please help me decipher this mystery.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
That Canadian Guy said:
I agree that it is nicer when everyone gets along but am I the only one who saw the post where CNC and DB both admitted to faking their finds :dontknow: . Was that all a joke or were they being truthful or was it a joke within a joke that I just don't understand. Please help me decipher this mystery.

are you serious...??????? I didnt see what caused the whole thing, but I can only guess that CNC and DB finally got irritated by someone who felt the need to create false accusations due to their own insecurities... So just to be a "smart a$$" cards threw that up.... and DB folllowed suit .... Surely nobody took that serious... RIGHT?

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
That Canadian Guy said:

I supposed it was a combination of some insinuations plus the old "I lost my money in a boat accident Mr. Tax man."

Both CNC and DB have my respect. They are only taking advantage of the opportunities we WISH we could have.

Keep on Rollin' !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep Packets said:
ArkieBassMan said:
First off, I see a TON of jealousy. CNC and DB are the top dogs right now when it comes to finds, or at least of those that post their finds.

Great post DP..

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
That Canadian Guy said:

No, they were not faking their finds. No one in this forum has ever talked about getting consistently bad boxes in the Northeast. They probably read RichHartford's and Ugotit22's old posts and realized what they great opportunity they had being in the area that they're in. So they took it to monster search their area more than Rich or Ugotit ever did. No big deal, I would probably take advantage of it too if I lived there. There's nothing really special skill involved in this hobby other than being in a great area for this hobby. It's not for everyone. For anyone considering doing this hobby hardcore, do research on your area first, then decide whether it is worth it to go big like CNC and DB. If your area sucks for CRHing, don't get upset if someone in a better area is pulling keepers left and right. It all depends on the area in which you live. It's just where you live that is the main factor. I think people often forget this fact and get their emotions too envolved. I suppose I understand CNC & DB if they feel as though they don't want to let this news get out anymore than it has. I recall DB saying that some bank guy in his area ordering as much as he has when he figured out what DB was doing. Getting boxes like CA boxes out in NY may be the first sign that they should be more protective of CRHing in their area. Perhaps that's when they get protective. I probably would too if I started getting skunked a few times in a great area for this hobby. No one wants their hobby that has been so profitable come to an end. Other than that, I do think that however differences in personalities do come out and facilitate the speed of their departure. I know that I personally cannot compete with their numbers because of the area I live in. Even if I did as many boxes as they did, in the end for me, it would be a waste of time and labor.I wouldn't worry too much about it. They're still going to be pulling their keepers being in the area that they're in. Best of luck to them.

What's funny to me is that the bickering over this is nothing. You guys should read all the fighting I did with others in the old politics section that was cancelled. I personally don't get why people get so fuming mad over politics like their life was in danger. Like anyone has the money to donate get these politicians to actually listen to them. LOL Arguing over does not achieve anything.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great post arkie!!! Why don't we all just start fresh, forget the things of the past. and just move forward. most everybody on here seem like good people, and want nothing to do with the negativity. So let's all just not let it bother us and not respond to those that you may seem offensive and take pride in the fact that your better. And your non-response will defuse rather than potentially inflame.

one last thing, that all of us myself included should do if your not already doing, is cut everybody some slack. we dont know what is happening in the life of that person behind the key strokes. And what they may be dealing with in one of the many things that most of us juggle. Life is hard right now and there is a lot to bo concerned about. So I encouage all of you my fellow citizens, Let us walk with each other in love, and kindness, and compassion, that is what makes this forum, your neighborhood, my city, our country a better place.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great post arkie!!! Why don't we all just start fresh, forget the things of the past. and just move forward. most everybody on here seem like good people, and want nothing to do with the negativity. So let's all just not let it bother us and not respond to those that you may seem offensive and take pride in the fact that your better. And your non-response will defuse rather than potentially inflame.

one last thing, that all of us myself included should do if your not already doing, is cut everybody some slack. we dont know what is happening in the life of that person behind the key strokes. And what they may be dealing with in one of the many things that most of us juggle. Life is hard right now and there is a lot to bo concerned about. So I encouage all of you my fellow citizens, Let us walk with each other in love, and kindness, and compassion, that is what makes this forum, your neighborhood, my city, our country a better place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions