Robbed

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
So i went to the bank on saturday to pick up some coins and to deposit a check. Well i asked 3 different tellers if they had halfs and to my surprise each one of those tellers had half dollars. and each of those tellers had silver half dollars mixed in with their loose halfs. well 2 of the 3 tellers grabbed the silver ones right in front of me on the counter and they said they wanted them. the third teller that i finally got a 40%er from she tried to get it but i said i would like all of them even the ones i cant see that i saw. so i had 2 rob me and the third one tried to rob me. Do you guys think i should of talked to the manager because technically it was the banks money.

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not worth the effort. Can you order boxes of halves and are you able to dump alot of coins in Alaska?

CuMadMan

Jan 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey man you should buy boxes of halves, if you can afford it, and then use that bank as your dump bank for non-silvers! Sounds like that bank is nothing more than a dumping spot from now on.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Depends , you can ask the manager if it is their policy that tellers collect coins while waiting on customers. If they say yes you can then ask for a number of the district manager so that you can verify that . Dont forget to ask for the managers name.

Please note that plenty on this forum think it is ok for tellers to do have a hobby of collecting coins while the customers wait . Personally i would have been fired from my last job and would get a warning or two b4 getting writ up on my current job. It is just plain unprofesional. The time for tellers to have a hobby is when no customers are waiting or while on a break.

AgentX

Dec 21, 2010
If your a customer of this bank you could have raised the issue to the branch manager. I know with the bank I work for tellers are not allowed to snatch coins if the customer requested them. However, if you don't have an account with said bank then there isn't much you can do about it.

Do this long enough you'll have that happen to you on occasion, best thing to do is move on our offer to buy the halves directly from the tellers for under spot price. It's not like you letting the secret out that there is silver in that thar change!

HH

Agent

OP
OP
alaskanfever

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
yeah i felt robbed alright and yes i have an account at this bank. i just was blown away that all three tellers had silver. they said they could order more coins for me though.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alaskanfever said:
So i went to the bank on saturday to pick up some coins and to deposit a check. Well i asked 3 different tellers if they had halfs and to my surprise each one of those tellers had half dollars. and each of those tellers had silver half dollars mixed in with their loose halfs. well 2 of the 3 tellers grabbed the silver ones right in front of me on the counter and they said they wanted them. the third teller that i finally got a 40%er from she tried to get it but i said i would like all of them even the ones i cant see that i saw. so i had 2 rob me and the third one tried to rob me. Do you guys think i should of talked to the manager because technically it was the banks money.
Go to another bank ask them to order you 1000.00 in halfs in return for you opening up an acct. They will prob keep ordering for you. When you get the halfs take the dumps to the old battle axs and tell them if they like the halfs so much they can have yours.

OP
OP
alaskanfever

alaskanfever

Mar 8, 2011
ALASKA
Ah if i asked them out i dont think my wife would appreciate that. my wife already thinks i am crazy for the amount of effort i put into finding silver.

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar thing happened to me today. Made me nuts.

I'm going to use them as a dump bank from now on. Until they try to charge.

Because I'm unwilling to keep a sizable banks account, my revenge only has so much 'umfpt' behind it.

Gooseman

Dec 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel bad for you but probably not worth your time and frustration. Instead of killin them with kindness kill them with dumps.

Jeff

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends , you can ask the manager if it is their policy that tellers collect coins while waiting on customers. If they say yes you can then ask for a number of the district manager so that you can verify that . Dont forget to ask for the managers name.

Please note that plenty on this forum think it is ok for tellers to do have a hobby of collecting coins while the customers wait . Personally i would have been fired from my last job and would get a warning or two b4 getting writ up on my current job. It is just plain unprofesional. The time for tellers to have a hobby is when no customers are waiting or while on a break.

This is very good advice. Just keep it friendly and business like, don't let it become emotional when having the conversation. I think tellers have every right to hunt as much as we do but once it comes in they should sock it away in their drawer before taking another customer.

midntmn

Dec 15, 2011
one of the 13 colonies
Primary Interest:
Other
if 3 tellers at the same bank had silver halfs in their drawer, they probably came from rolls out of a box the bank ordered. If they still have rolls in the vault, buy them and the silver will be yours. Don't kill the goose that laid the silver egg....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread