End of Week Dimes - 3 Keepers! - A good week for silver

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all,

So I went to my usual dime bank and picked up 2 boxes of dimes. They almost didn't sell them to me since they didn't have much in the vault. They had about $1700 in dimes in the vault. But they sold me 2 boxes anyway. One of them was the usual strings and sons box I'm used to with the holes in the top to look at the coins on one end. The other was a unmarked box which I'm assuming came from the same source. None of the wrappers were marked either. Oddly enough one roll was cut off by the machine before packing so it was 3 dimes short. But they traded me a full roll for that cut off roll. Once I got home with they I looked em over. Both had dates on them. The odd box was hand dated S 9/11, and the S&S was stamped Oct 28 2011.

First Box (Odd one) - 1 keeper
1 - 1964 Roosevelt Dime

Second Box (Normal S&S one) - 2 keepers! (My best yet)
1 - 1964 Roosevelt Dime
1 - 1964D Roosevelt Dime

Across the two boxes, I also found a total of 12 canadian dimes. Sadly no silver among those.

So this week, of 4 boxes of dimes searched, found 4 Silver Dimes which puts me at an average of 1 per box this week. Not too bad. ^_^v

Attachments

• Dimes.jpeg
    Dimes.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the finds! :icon_thumright:

I seem to avg ~ 1 keeper per dime box as well. I wasn't able to get my 2 dime boxes for Thurs. but I got a dime box earlier today and found 2 keepers which is one of my better dime boxes of late so I'm happy. :)

Keep on searchin'!

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
Agreed with advice above....also, feel free to mix it up and try other denominations. After hitting dimes REALLY hard for two years, I'm now testing nickels to see if I can put together a roll of war nicks, a roll of Buffs, and a roll of V's. Almost have the war nick roll complete!

HH,
cuttybce

OP
OP
Kamyu

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been hitting halves as well. But lately I haven't been having much luck with them so this week I just went for all dimes since I've been doing good on em. Plus the dimes are easier to get rid of than the halves. :P Might get a box next week. One of the banks in town has S&S boxes and always seems to have a box or two in stock.

Wary about trying quarters. Not overly interested in nickels. Might get a box of pennies next week for wheats.

OP
OP
Kamyu

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually I just use my scanner. :p

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions