Taking a POLL

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
_________________________________________________I'd like to take a quick POLL. Of all you CRH's out there, are most of you doing CRH for the silver value to melt, or are you a coin collector using CRH as another source of finding those rare pieces, or both.

Quick answers: M = melt silver for cash
C = collection values as a hobbist
B = both, collection first for missing pieces, the excess go as scrap silver cash value

It would be interesting to find out, for the true collector would love to know the CRH's that are out there only for the melt cash. I'd like to keep tabs on the voting ( M, C, B), and will post results in 30-days.

Thanks for VOTING

Upvote 0

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
B

I do it mainly for the melt value, as this is my 401k. I dont plan on selling any time soon but may in case of emergency.

I also like it as a collector sort of thing, I do track my collection and enjoy filling the holes.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B
It's my retirement plan also.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Still being able to find silver @ face these days is hard to pass up.

Like others have said my silver finds are also for retirement and I don't plan on selling any of my silver for many years - when prices will be much higher.

H$H!

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
C
I dont have anything better to do on my off days. I look for something ill be able to leave my kids that the gov can tax them for the collection when I die. :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions