When do I get my own Discovery Ch. show?

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Worlds Toughest Trucker, Gold Rush, American Guns, Bering Sea Gold
OR history channel
Ax Men, Mudcats, Pawn stars, American Pickers, Pawn Stars

All these reality shows. I am waiting for Coin Hunters! MY SHOW! I have a beautiful face, a lovely voice, and a personality to match.
People love seeing about others fortunes or misfortunes(on many days)-
N8

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is exactyly what is needed to speed up the culling. I was just thinking that I am finding too many keepers and how could I make this more challenging. Oy

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
palidin20603 said:
That is exactyly what is needed to speed up the culling. I was just thinking that I am finding too many keepers and how could I make this more challenging. Oy
Yeah. I see what you are saying, compared to some of the other reality shows on tv today why isn't this a reality show but if this fine hobby were to be on tv then we could get a lot of competition and that is never good.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I'd love to send you a bunch of my most worthy....and antagonistic....tellers.

They may have you beggin' for mercy in a few.

Ha !

Keep on Rollin' !

F

Farchaus2k

I'd like to be the d!ck who antagonizes everyone. Yuuuuuuuuuup!!

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one called "diggers" coming out on the 28th not exactly CRHing but its about metal detecting.

10:00 PM to 10:30 PM
Diggers: Montana Juice

Ringy and KG are headed to an old prison in Montana to help the local museum curator uncover buried treasure. The shuttered prison has remained unopened for decades, but it once held some of the most notorious outlaws of the Old West. Who knows what the boys will find that once belonged to the prisons infamous residents Contraband? Bullets? A shank?
10:30 PM to 11:00 PM
Diggers: Digging Dixie

KG and Ringy hit the beaches along Charleston, S.C. Hurricanes may be a nightmare for homeowners, but they are heaven-sent for treasure hunters. Storms far out at sea often churn up the shoreline, revealing all kinds of treasure, or juice, as they call it. With potential riches and shifting sands, the South Carolina beaches could be a treasure trove. In no time, it looks like they are onto something. Could it be gold?

Were doomed! I say DOOMED!

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
I agree Chukers..... I say it wont be long before anybody and everybody will "have had a lucritive" situation, until the world of internet/cable/ALL INFORMATION became immediately available to ALL and for ALL.... Who knows, maybe it wont be all bad, maybe there will be some good to come out of educating the masses of everything that still offers any sort of "gain" these days.

We will see.......

Im off to swing my MD'er to think about all the craziness going on, or "not" think of it.... either way.

Happy hunting.

Chris.

ScottNVAB

May 22, 2011
Sorry N8, I have to disagree.

I used to go to the storage auctions and buy whole units for $25-$50. There would be about 5 people that would show for them. Now, those same units sell for $500-$2000 and the auction attract 50-100 people. All this after the auction shows. Great for the folks that hold the auctions, but I do not go at all any more. Most of the stuff you get in them is just Cr@p that you can't give away. Seriously bidding $100 for a trashbag that is the only thing in the unit....only to find out it's moldy wet clothes? That's just stupid. Glad I wasn't the fool that picked it up. All because people lose their common sense when greed takes over. They do stupid things.
Banks would stop ordering, and receiving your dumps, as it would be far too much demand.

A show about CRH will do the same thing.
-SC

TheProf

Nov 13, 2009
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 White's Spectrum Vibra-Probe 580 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as the show comes out and it will in due time, the hobby will be over. I can see it now, 20 people first thing every morning asking your bank for dimes and halves. It will be a nightmare!

F

Farchaus2k

I guarantee you the idea has already been pitched. The problem with it is how do you make it entertaining enough to fill up 23 minutes a week. Even if someone has a "monster score" of 50 keepers in a box, at most you're talking about making $250 to $350 total. Not exactly life changing money. Plus the only thing more boring than going through a skunk box, would be watching someone else go through a skunk box.

I can see it now..... In dramatic reality show TV annoucner voice, "Bradley's box of nickels brought in 3 War Nickels. Giving him a profit of $5.50. Add that to the 2 Silver Roosevelt dimes he found earlier today, and you have a grand total of $10.30 profit for the day. Not bad for 3 hours of work."

...yawn

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And now the new show coming soon, DUCK DYNASTY...

come on, really? ::) Anything for people to make money.

I have to admit, I do like pawn stars, Gold rush, bering sea gold, and sometimes american pickers.

OP
OP
n8dagr8345

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
Obviously this is a joke folks, for the sake of the hobby I wouldnt want this to happen.
However, if it did happen, I would want to be the star so I get my check while you folks still have to sift through the coins with the 1000s of new hunters.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Farchaus2k said:
I guarantee you the idea has already been pitched. The problem with it is how do you make it entertaining enough to fill up 23 minutes a week.

It was pitched last year by an idiot on this very forum. I'm quite certain the post has since been removed, as it generated so much controversy. One of the CRH'ers here had a producer friend visiting him in his basement, started asking questions about all the coin boxes, and they came up with an idea for a CRH show. Supposedly the guy was going to receive a pallet of halves boxes to go through. Yes, it would doom CRH as a hobby.

How do you make it entertaining enough to fill up 23 minutes a week? By inflating the numbers, only show the exciting boxes, 'seed' a few boxes to make it more exciting, and by developing the characters, same as any other reality TV show.

It was an extremely depressing post, as it spelled the end of CRH as we know it. And yes, I'm certain it will eventually air on TV. I'm despondent about the MD show...

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys...no one would watch a show about CRHing. It is a fun hobby but boring as hell to watch, seriosuly.

Bearing sea gold..man those guys are hauling some serious color out of the ocean. Makes the gold rush guys seem like fools for trying to get their 100 oz out of the ground when that dredge with the 300 on it can pull 100 oz IN A DAY.

F

Farchaus2k

n8dagr8345 said:
Obviously this is a joke folks, for the sake of the hobby I wouldnt want this to happen.
However, if it did happen, I would want to be the star so I get my check while you folks still have to sift through the coins with the 1000s of new hunters.

****N8, I know you posted this as noting more than a joke, and if it does ever happen. Save your money and live the good life.****

FormerTeller said:
Farchaus2k said:
I guarantee you the idea has already been pitched. The problem with it is how do you make it entertaining enough to fill up 23 minutes a week.

It was pitched last year by an idiot on this very forum. I'm quite certain the post has since been removed, as it generated so much controversy. One of the CRH'ers here had a producer friend visiting him in his basement, started asking questions about all the coin boxes, and they came up with an idea for a CRH show. Supposedly the guy was going to receive a pallet of halves boxes to go through. Yes, it would doom CRH as a hobby.

How do you make it entertaining enough to fill up 23 minutes a week? By inflating the numbers, only show the exciting boxes, 'seed' a few boxes to make it more exciting, and by developing the characters, same as any other reality TV show.

It was an extremely depressing post, as it spelled the end of CRH as we know it. And yes, I'm certain it will eventually air on TV. I'm despondent about the MD show...

Again, watching someone sit alone in a basement going through thousands of coins to earn a few bucks.

Yawn

The reasons all these shows are watched is because of...the fake drama that gets injected into every episode. CRH is such a solitary (for the most part) activity, I don't see how it could be made into something more than it really is. Are you going to have CRHers cursing at each other in lines at banks? Or interview bank tellers who have to change the bags on the machines 15 times?

Think about it. Pawn Stars is nothing more than Antiques Roadshow for idiots. Storage Wars is Pawn Stars for idiotic morons. Coin Hunters would be Storage Wars for the brain dead.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Couldn't you at least audition my best tellers?

They each have their specialty:

One torturers you with questions week after week like "where did you get these coins" "why are you bringing them to us" "did you know our manager is considering fees for large amounts of coin?"

One gladly takes your coin behind the counter to their machine, but ALWAYS ends up plugging it and dipping handfuls out; and, of course losing about $40 per transaction.

One almost shouts as the money is counted "EIGHT HUNDRED, NINE HUNDRED....A THOUSAND".

C,mon...give these guys a chance...whaddaya say?

OP
OP
n8dagr8345

n8dagr8345

Oct 25, 2011
Rubber room
Primary Interest:
Other
With your interesting tellers, a few of my gem tellers, and a sexy assistant. This show could go far!
N8

And I find more ounces than those Gold Rush guys. Mine is just much less valuable.

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to drop this on everyone but my brother called me up the other day. He said Nat. geographic had a show in with people doing what we are doing. I asked him if he was talking about CRH. He said yes. It was a segment on doomsday prepers.

He said they didn't come right out and say to search rolls but said every one should look for old coins and how much a small bag of quarters are worth.

It's only a matter of time but as for now. Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread