Boring evening so I took inventory

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
pretty good finds - esp all the dimes.

I was just figuring my totals since I started keeping track of my finds on 9-01-11:

Buffalo Nic's: 18
Silver Nic's: 27
'50D Nic's: 2 (1 VF+/XF)
Merc's: 5
Silver Rosie's: 46 (1 found in change)
90% Halves: 152 (41 WL, 69 BF, 42 JFK)
40% Halves: 301
No FG Halves: 3 (all '82P's found in the same box)
Silver Ike's: 1
Commems: 3 non-silver halves

I've been pretty lucky with my ratio of 90% halves to 40% halves - slightly more than 1 to 2.

I also found 4 Morgan dollars about 10 months ago but that was before I started keeping track of all my finds.

But I've still never found a silver foreign coin yet - yet.

I had a pretty slow week this week but I'm still hoping to find $250 fv of 90% silver & $500 fv of 40% silver for 2012.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
santafeboy said:
Thought I would inventory what Ive found since becoming heavily addicted to the crhing drug around 4/ 2010. 90% Halves -47, 40% Halves -334, Canada 80% - 1 , 90% quarters - 4 , 90% dimes - 841, Canada 80% dimes - 9 , Us war nickels -2.

I keep track of everything found and buy from garage sales and auctions. I also audit my finds every month to make sure my numbers are correct and my total oz. I found I was missing 1 dime I thought I had and was somehow almost half an ounce logged higher than I was at. Might have fat fingered something somewhere hehe.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Can't call mine inventory cause alot has been traded, sold or given away but my total finds for FV since July 17, 2007 come to 3,276 oz. Been a good run, got no complaints but the finds have definately fallen off a cliff the last year+. I just continue on cause I'm adicted, when summer comes I'll be back gold mining again and someone else can buy all the skunks. HH all, Mark

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Man.. that's a lot of dimes .. many times more than me. :icon_thumleft:

You've definitely hit those hard.

Captaindoodle

Feb 10, 2008
Silver Stripe said:
Can't call mine inventory cause alot has been traded, sold or given away but my total finds for FV since July 17, 2007 come to 3,276 oz. Been a good run, got no complaints but the finds have definately fallen off a cliff the last year+. I just continue on cause I'm adicted, when summer comes I'll be back gold mining again and someone else can buy all the skunks. HH all, Mark

Hi Mark,

Glad to see you posting. You were one of the original "monster" hunters posting on the board (I was in awe of your volume "back in the day"), and you obviously had some great success.

Just curious, has the current fascination du jour with gold mining messed up your other hobby?

Best of luck to you...hope you find the good stuff with your dredge, or the new Comstock lode in your silver searching.

HH,
CD

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should set your 2012 goal for 1,500 silver dimes. Anything's possible!!! :icon_sunny:

Nice stats for sure!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Captaindoodle said:
Silver Stripe said:

Hi Mark,

Glad to see you posting. You were one of the original "monster" hunters posting on the board (I was in awe of your volume "back in the day"), and you obviously had some great success.

Just curious, has the current fascination du jour with gold mining messed up your other hobby?

Best of luck to you...hope you find the good stuff with your dredge, or the new Comstock lode in your silver searching.

HH,
CD
Yea this was fun back in the day, now coins are something to do when "in town". Still sorta fun just not so profitable- but keeps ME out of mischief nonetheless. When the white stuff leaves I'll be back to the diggins trying to make some gold. Picked up last years batch a week ago from my refiner/minter, got ME a bunch of 1/10th oz made up. Its all about cheap metal. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions