LOOK FOR JUST SILVER ..OR CERTAIN YEARS ??

huricanesrul

Jan 1, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
explorer xs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I LOOK JUST FOR SILVER. A COUPLE YEARS AGO I LOOKED FOR ERRORS WITH STATE QUARTERS......MADE $ 170 ON 1 ROLL OF CALIFORNIA'S . BUT I SEE A LOT OF U FINDING HALVES THAT AREN'T SILVER . IS IT WORTH IT WITH HAVES?? I CAN SEE LOOKING FOR A 1982 DIME , 09 / 14 /22 / 55 PENNY EVEN THOUGH LOOKING THROUGH EVEN 25 DOLLARS OF PENNIES FOR ANYTHING NOT A WHEAT OR OLDER WOULD TAKE ALL WEEK. HALVES / QUARTERS / DIMES RIM CHECK AND DUMP ON TO THE NEXT ROLL ! ! ERROR HUNTING IS A MONSTER ALL IT'S OWN ...NOT TO BAD WHEN U KNOW THE HOLE ROLL IS LETS SAY ALL THE SAME STATE/ MINT / YEAR ......YOU LOOK AT THE SAME PICTURE LONG ENOUGH AND SEE DIFFERENCES ..BUT WHEN THE PICTURE IS ALWAYS CHANGING IT TAKES 10 X AS LONG !!!! JUST MY THOUGHT.......I'VE ONLY DONE 4 TO 5 ROLLS A YEAR FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS OR SO UNTIL LAST JUNE,,,,THEN I STARTED DOING AROUND 3,000 DOLLARS A WEEK .. MOSTLY DIMES. FIRST BOX QUARTERS... 1 1920......6 ROLLS ( HALVES )OF 90%.......4 ROLLS DIMES ( 17 MERCURIES / 1 BARBER ) FIRST WEEK DOING NICKELS $ 400 ..4 BUFFALOS...10 WAR. SHOULD I BE KEEPING ANY OTHER YEARS OF NICKELS TOO ??? DOES EVERYBODY KEEP JUST 1959 AND OLDER PENNIES ( I DO ) OR EVERYTHING 1982 AND OLDER ???? IS IT WORTH IT ?? SURE THE QUICK CHANGE IS IN SILVER HALVES .... 6 AND 12 DOLLARS A HALF ...QUICK CASH IF THATS WHAT U WANT. I KNOW THERES NUMEROUS WAYS TO HUNT FOR COIN ...........JUST WONDERING !!

Upvote 0
F

Farchaus2k

I don't know where to begin with this one......

The YELLING?
The grammar?
The spelling?
The punctuation?

This post reads like a Son of Sam letter. Re-write please.

F

Farchaus2k

I don't think you misunderstood it. It read like the ramblings of a person having an argument with a bottle of Ripple.

DiggerJosh

Tenderfoot
Jan 19, 2011
His avatar is a pirate...just saying...

People search for different things based on what they are trying to get out of the hobby. Personally, I am looking for both, starting my collection and investing in the AU.

TakeDownTick50

Feb 5, 2012
Houston, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a translation I just corrected the spelling and a bit so it is a bit easier to read. I didn't change the content . I got lazy with it at the end.

I look only for silver. A couple years ago, I looked for errors with state quarters. I made $170 on a roll of California's, but I see a lot of y'all finding halves that aren't silver. Are halves worth it? (This entire sentence confuses me.)I can see looking for a 1982 dime, 09, 14, 22 ,55 penny, even though looking through 25 dollars of pennies, for anything other than wheat's and coppers takes too long. Halves, quarters, and dimes can be rim checked and dumped; then on to the next roll!

Error hunting is a monster all its own. It's not too bad when you know the whole roll is, let's say all the same state/mint/year. (This sentence is quite confusing) You look at the same picture long enough and see differences ,but when the picture is always changing it takes tenfold as long! This is just my thought, and I've only done 4 to 5 rolls per year for the last 7 years or so until last June. ( I can't get this sentence either) Last June, I started doing around 3,000 dollars a week mostly dimes my first box quarters; 1 1920; 6 rolls of 90% halves; 4 rolls dimes; 17 Mercuries and 1 barber) [You found a Barber dime?!?!?!?!] First week did $400 worth of nickels; 4 Buffalo's, 10 War nickles. Should I be keeping any other years of nickels too? Does everybody keep just 1959 and older pennies, I do, or everything 1982 and older? is it worth it to keep them? Sure the quick change is in silver halves, 6 or 12 dollars a half, quick cash if that's what you want. I know there's numerous ways to hunt for coins. I just was wondering! :tard: editing this was fun! :tard:

F

Farchaus2k

Even corrected (Thanks TakeDownTick50) it still reads like a rambling Unabomber manifesto. Tarzan could pen a better post that this.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I only hunt for silver.

Numismatics do not interest me.

And I love to read about Coin Roll Hunting adventures.

English Composition bores me. C,mon guys...maybe his Caplock is stuck !

Keep on Rollin' !

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
huricanesrul said:
I LOOK JUST FOR SILVER. A COUPLE YEARS AGO I LOOKED FOR ERRORS WITH STATE QUARTERS......MADE $ 170 ON 1 ROLL OF CALIFORNIA'S . BUT I SEE A LOT OF U FINDING HALVES THAT AREN'T SILVER . IS IT WORTH IT WITH HAVES?? I CAN SEE LOOKING FOR A 1982 DIME , 09 / 14 /22 / 55 PENNY EVEN THOUGH LOOKING THROUGH EVEN 25 DOLLARS OF PENNIES FOR ANYTHING NOT A WHEAT OR OLDER WOULD TAKE ALL WEEK. HALVES / QUARTERS / DIMES RIM CHECK AND DUMP ON TO THE NEXT ROLL ! ! ERROR HUNTING IS A MONSTER ALL IT'S OWN ...NOT TO BAD WHEN U KNOW THE HOLE ROLL IS LETS SAY ALL THE SAME STATE/ MINT / YEAR ......YOU LOOK AT THE SAME PICTURE LONG ENOUGH AND SEE DIFFERENCES ..BUT WHEN THE PICTURE IS ALWAYS CHANGING IT TAKES 10 X AS LONG !!!! JUST MY THOUGHT.......I'VE ONLY DONE 4 TO 5 ROLLS A YEAR FOR THE LAST 7 YEARS OR SO UNTIL LAST JUNE,,,,THEN I STARTED DOING AROUND 3,000 DOLLARS A WEEK .. MOSTLY DIMES. FIRST BOX QUARTERS... 1 1920......6 ROLLS ( HALVES )OF 90%.......4 ROLLS DIMES ( 17 MERCURIES / 1 BARBER ) FIRST WEEK DOING NICKELS $ 400 ..4 BUFFALOS...10 WAR. SHOULD I BE KEEPING ANY OTHER YEARS OF NICKELS TOO ??? DOES EVERYBODY KEEP JUST 1959 AND OLDER PENNIES ( I DO ) OR EVERYTHING 1982 AND OLDER ???? IS IT WORTH IT ?? SURE THE QUICK CHANGE IS IN SILVER HALVES .... 6 AND 12 DOLLARS A HALF ...QUICK CASH IF THATS WHAT U WANT. I KNOW THERES NUMEROUS WAYS TO HUNT FOR COIN ...........JUST WONDERING !!

Suggestions:
Read your posts out loud to yourself before posting.
Modify then afterwards if you later see mistakes.
Use commas and periods often, they are your friends.
Start a new line or paragraph with each new thought.
Never use all caps from more than 1-3 words at a time.

Good luck
HH!!

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't worry scro'! There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick ass lives. My first wife was 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TakeDownTick50 said:
This is a translation I just corrected the spelling and a bit so it is a bit easier to read. I didn't change the content . I got lazy with it at the end.

I look only for silver. A couple years ago, I looked for errors with state quarters. I made $170 on a roll of California's, but I see a lot of y'all finding halves that aren't silver. Are halves worth it? (This entire sentence confuses me.)I can see looking for a 1982 dime, 09, 14, 22 ,55 penny, even though looking through 25 dollars of pennies, for anything other than wheat's and coppers takes too long. Halves, quarters, and dimes can be rim checked and dumped; then on to the next roll!

Error hunting is a monster all its own. It's not too bad when you know the whole roll is, let's say all the same state/mint/year. (This sentence is quite confusing) You look at the same picture long enough and see differences ,but when the picture is always changing it takes tenfold as long! This is just my thought, and I've only done 4 to 5 rolls per year for the last 7 years or so until last June. ( I can't get this sentence either) Last June, I started doing around 3,000 dollars a week mostly dimes my first box quarters; 1 1920; 6 rolls of 90% halves; 4 rolls dimes; 17 Mercuries and 1 barber) [You found a Barber dime?!?!?!?!] First week did $400 worth of nickels; 4 Buffalo's, 10 War nickles. Should I be keeping any other years of nickels too? Does everybody keep just 1959 and older pennies, I do, or everything 1982 and older? is it worth it to keep them? Sure the quick change is in silver halves, 6 or 12 dollars a half, quick cash if that's what you want. I know there's numerous ways to hunt for coins. I just was wondering! :tard: editing this was fun! :tard:

Wow, this is hilarious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread