Dimes-no canadian=no silver?

JT10

Oct 29, 2010
The Mitten State
cdickrun64 said:
Just searched 2 boxes. String sons MWR's. Neither canadian dimes nor silver...i am assuming both are weeded out by the Machines?

Canadian might be weeded out by the machines with magnets. Silver is weeded out by the hunters :)

Seriously, I almost never do MWRs of dimes, but I have received silver and canadian dimes from String's MWRs.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
the Canadians are almost always weeded out by machines... of course they still make it into mwrs as banks ship off cwrs to their coin processors. I always like finding Canadian coins in my dime rolls because it raises the odds of finding silver. I attribute this to an abundance of cwrs being shipped to the coin processors (with the cwrs having a better chance of containing silver to begin with). Still studying this theory too :read2:

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
In general, I find more silver in MWR (loomis) than CWR or Brinks. There are plenty of Canadian dimes as well, as much as $5 per $250. 99% of them are nickel or steel, but I have found 13 Canadian silver dimes in US boxes and CWR.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
cdickrun64 said:
Just searched 2 boxes. String sons MWR's. Neither canadian dimes nor silver...i am assuming both are weeded out by the Machines?

My guess is that the coin machine at a bank sorted out and culled the silver and Canadian before the bag was sent to be rolled by whoever is using String wrappers.

In the past few weeks, I bought 2 String boxes, both skunks. Yesterday, I bought $450 in String rolls, and found 5 silvers, and 5 Canadian.

For Brinks in my area, the clear wraps never have Canadian or silver...I've done over $7,000 in Brinks dimes, and never found the first Canadian or silver. The hardcore silver seeking tellers also tell me "that we never find silver in Brinks dimes". (But other CRH's in my metro area say they do find silver in Brinks clear dimes.)

Just my 10 cents....

Kamyu

Oct 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I just did 3 boxes today. S&S boxes. Pic of finds at link below.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,454684.0.html

First box had no canadian and 1 silver. Second box had 11 Canadian and 4 silver (Incl 1 Merc), and Third box had 13 Canadian and 0 silver.

It varies. But I am having better luck with S&S than I've had with Brinks. Though I have found one in Brinks before. Ender even.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I considered the same thing a couple years back...no canadians no silver...I lost track of the count. The boxes I've searched the last few years have been almost 100% String, and I find some boxes absent of canadian and silver. It seems like the higher percent canadian, better the silver count. I have found a roll and a half worth of silver canadians in about 4 years.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
clovis97 said:
For Brinks in my area, the clear wraps never have Canadian or silver...I've done over $7,000 in Brinks dimes, and never found the first Canadian or silver. The hardcore silver seeking tellers also tell me "that we never find silver in Brinks dimes". (But other CRH's in my metro area say they do find silver in Brinks clear dimes.)

As soon as I find either a silver or a Canadian dime in a clear wrap roll, I plan on taking a picture of it for photo-documentary evidence for Clovis. :wink: Hasn't happened yet...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread