Some people have no integrity

silversearcher9040

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got two sealed boxes of Brinks halves today. The teller made me promise that I would not bring them back.

Get the boxes open and find that someone has taken the coins out of the brinks rolls, been too lazy to find a way to dump them, and just re-inserted into the brinks rolls and returned them to the bank. So I guess they went to brinks, got put in a new cardboard box, and re-shipped.

So now I have 100 rolls that are machine wrapped on one side and bent over by hand on the other.

To whoever this person is, I hope you get nothing but your own searched rolls from now on.

Upvote 0

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a box like that a couple weeks ago, all rewrapped in the original sleeves and back in the box, scotch tape over the opened end. To make matters worse the box had been dropped at some point and one side was splitting out. When I opened it everything took the expanded interior room to slide down to one side. I had to count the rolls to make sure they were all in there (they were) because of the way they bunched up, making it appear as though about 10 were missing.

Rascal

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im my area "brinks" rolls (delivered by loomis, but come in the square box) sometimes have one loose end. This is a machine error. I have found silver in them.

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Rascal said:
Got a box like that a couple weeks ago, all rewrapped in the original sleeves and back in the box, scotch tape over the opened end. To make matters worse the box had been dropped at some point and one side was splitting out. When I opened it everything took the expanded interior room to slide down to one side. I had to count the rolls to make sure they were all in there (they were) because of the way they bunched up, making it appear as though about 10 were missing.

Rascal
I hate when stuff like this happens. Most of my boxes have the rolls nicely lined up 5x10 so they are easy to count but occasionally they will not be lined up and they are difficult to count but so far everything has balanced for me in the end.

OP
OP
S

silversearcher9040

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
Im my area "brinks" rolls (delivered by loomis, but come in the square box) sometimes have one loose end. This is a machine error. I have found silver in them.

Thanks for the input. I will continue searching them. Are the ones you have found with all the good sides up, and all the bad sides down? Every roll in both rows of both boxes is like that.

I do want to go on the record as saying I think Dok's comment about fire was a bit extreme. hahaha. I just hope if this was the handiwork of someone that they get all their same rolls back and I find the silver :-)

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, every roll. Mine have the good side down mostly, with the loose side showing on the top.

silversearcher9040 said:
namster said:

Thanks for the input. I will continue searching them. Are the ones you have found with all the good sides up, and all the bad sides down? Every roll in both rows of both boxes is like that.

I do want to go on the record as saying I think Dok's comment about fire was a bit extreme. hahaha. I just hope if this was the handiwork of someone that they get all their same rolls back and I find the silver :-)

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems to me that the blame is not on the searcher but on the cash service provider. I think this because the banks here on the west coast often require coins to be rolled to be turned in as there aren't many banks that have coin counters (I've found 2 in the major metro area I live in). And when coins are sent off (out of the local branch), each roll is supposed to be verified (which I presume to mean counted).

Looks like Brinks is cutting a corner and just repacking the rolls without verifying the contents. I'm sure to them its a cost savings approach.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever recieved a box that had CWRs in it (not counting these refill rolls)?

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
Dok Holliday said:
I hope they die in a fire

Die in fire? That's harsh!!
Yes, I rerolled all my searched halves back in the brinks wrappers, and I don't see that's anything wrong with it. Plus I only use Garda/Loomis as my dump bank.
Keep it up, grasshopper, and don't complaint too much.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
SilverJack said:
Seems to me that the blame is not on the searcher but on the cash service provider. I think this because the banks here on the west coast often require coins to be rolled to be turned in as there aren't many banks that have coin counters (I've found 2 in the major metro area I live in). And when coins are sent off (out of the local branch), each roll is supposed to be verified (which I presume to mean counted).

Looks like Brinks is cutting a corner and just repacking the rolls without verifying the contents. I'm sure to them its a cost savings approach.

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever recieved a box that had CWRs in it (not counting these refill rolls)?

Happens frequently. Like you mentioned, certain banks require the coin rolled. It is supposed to be processed and verified. Brinks gets lazy and repackages the trash. Garbage In, Garbage Out.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
SilverJack said:

Yes I have received few boxes with CWR mixed with MWR before, all from Brinks, and they produced a few 40%ers.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just part of the game. Take the good, you take the bad. Smile at the teller and fork over the the 5 Franklins.

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
I return mine that way to my dump bank as that's the way they want it. Our coin machines around here don't take halfs or dollar coin so they need to be rolled. My dump bank does crack the rolls and dump when they send them out but it's easier for them to store in the vault in the boxes. You might have found a bank that is lazy and just sends them out that way.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , I too have found some Brinks square boxes - that had been opened on one end , and some
of the rolls were scotch taped on the side - I did find a 40% in on of these the other day - but
you sort of expect that when the box is sealed , that the rolls have not been opened - Argentium.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silversearcher9040 said:
Get the boxes open and find that someone has taken the coins out of the brinks rolls, been too lazy to find a way to dump them, and just re-inserted into the brinks rolls and returned them to the bank. So I guess they went to brinks, got put in a new cardboard box, and re-shipped.

Too lazy to find a way to dump them? He sold them to the bank. That is dumping.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
One other possibility is that someone re-rolled a box, dumped it back at the bank, and the bank dumped them on you.

I am with Namster on this though...I've had boxes like those from Brinks, with one end mashed down, and found silver in those boxes.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
sounds a bit crazy to me.... You call him "lazy" for his dumping strategy... I think to myself, why the heck would anyone do that much work when there are so many better options to dumping coin? that is not lazy, that is more work than what is necessary....

There are said obstacles when participating in this hobby..... that is and always will be one of them, if you cant deal with that, I would suggest you take up fishing. Or one of the many other "better" hobbies... :laughing9:

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It never happened to me but. The banks in my area are so lazy. They sit there and read all day. Some times when you walk in they ask do you need help? I will say yes the bag is full. Ok i will get the key. I picked up 250 in halfs she said some kid got them from his grandfather. Am thinking bingo? zip :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread