Poll - How many coins do you pickup per week?

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now 46 to 53 :tard: :thumbsup: Plus bags some times.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
koala33 said:
Just curious how many coins everyone picks up every week. Don't need specifics, we all like to keep our banks to ourselves :-X

I was doing 8 for a while, but I wanted to step it up so I doubled my orders for 16 boxes total/week.

Shawn

As many as possible.

One week I do 10 boxes of halves
Next week I do 6. I am going to get two branches to order 3 boxes for me on the off weeks to get me to 10 and 8 alternating.

One bank only orders every 2 weeks and its my local one :(

I do as much dimes and such as I can but I dont want to over load my dump banks. Dropping off $1000 in halves per bank, $250 in dimes is about my limit. Sometimes I might get some nickels and quarters mixed into the bunch.

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
4-10 boxes a week plus loose halves and CWR's. Dumping is getting more difficult in my area.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
cbrtriple8 said:
60-65 boxes / week

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Dont know if I could handle that volume. That would leave little time for anything else lol.

Also.. I am going to need to upgrade my safe soon, I see myself running out of room within the year at my pace.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
The_EE said:
cbrtriple8 said:
60-65 boxes / week

Dont know if I could handle that volume. That would leave little time for anything else lol.

Also.. I am going to need to upgrade my safe soon, I see myself running out of room within the year at my pace.
Pretty much it's like a 9-5 job to me.
I have boxes lined up from Monday to Friday. Dimes on Saturday.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typically I do 2, sometimes 4 boxes of halves per week + roadtrips. Usually once a month/6 weeks or so I'll throw in a box of dimes or some sort of nickel/dime/quarter mixture. Would be doing a lot more volume if only my dumping options weren't so limited.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
ArkieBassMan said:
Typically I do 2, sometimes 4 boxes of halves per week + roadtrips. Usually once a month/6 weeks or so I'll throw in a box of dimes or some sort of nickel/dime/quarter mixture. Would be doing a lot more volume if only my dumping options weren't so limited.

Dumping is my problem.

I really need to talk to a couple of my banks and see what they consider a weekly max. I have been keeping it around $1000 a week on halves with some dimes mixed in per branch. I have 5 dump banks and 4 buy banks local. I have 2 more dump banks out of the way, which would add another 18 and 32 miles to my trip respectively. I might end up having to work them into the mix.

I also have 2 banks that will call me when they have full half/dime/quarter bags. I have another bank as of today that will allow me to come down every 2 weeks and they will zero out the machine and let me buy all the bags. That adds a little more to my dump issues, I need to work out these logistics.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The_EE said:
ArkieBassMan said:

Dumping is my problem.

I really need to talk to a couple of my banks and see what they consider a weekly max. I have been keeping it around $1000 a week on halves with some dimes mixed in per branch. I have 5 dump banks and 4 buy banks local. I have 2 more dump banks out of the way, which would add another 18 and 32 miles to my trip respectively. I might end up having to work them into the mix.

I also have 2 banks that will call me when they have full half/dime/quarter bags. I have another bank as of today that will allow me to come down every 2 weeks and they will zero out the machine and let me buy all the bags. That adds a little more to my dump issues, I need to work out these logistics.

It is most certainly about logistics, you are right.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cbrtriple8 said:
60-65 boxes / week

That is crazy. What happens when you only find a couple oz out of 60 boxes? Has that ever happened? I would be sick.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
koala33 said:
cbrtriple8 said:
60-65 boxes / week

That is crazy. What happens when you only find a couple oz out of 60 boxes? Has that ever happened? I would be sick.

Well that never happened, worst was roughly 4 oz , which were 27 pieces of 40% out of 61 boxes.
My longest skunk streaks was 37 , in last May,then I hitted a 90% dream box right after, with 43 Bens , 3 Walkers, n 6 Ag-Clads.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cbrtriple8 said:
koala33 said:
cbrtriple8 said:
60-65 boxes / week

Well that never happened, worst was roughly 4 oz , which were 27 pieces of 40% out of 61 boxes.
My longest skunk streaks was 37 , in last May,then I hitted a 90% dream box right after, with 43 Bens , 3 Walkers, n 6 Ag-Clads.

I think I would be pretty mad at 4 oz out of 60 boxes..

There has to be an ideal number of boxes. If you buy a ton and you are in a bad spot in the pile, you are going to have a terrible time getting rid of all those coins. On the other hand if you are in a good spot in the pile, you bought a lot of coins, so it is worth it.

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
koala33 said:
cbrtriple8 said:
koala33 said:
cbrtriple8 said:
60-65 boxes / week

I think I would be pretty mad at 4 oz out of 60 boxes..

There has to be an ideal number of boxes. If you buy a ton and you are in a bad spot in the pile, you are going to have a terrible time getting rid of all those coins. On the other hand if you are in a good spot in the pile, you bought a lot of coins, so it is worth it.

Ha, i was pretty upset at the time, but it's part of the game. As far as dumping goes, I dump as it goes!! I pretty much have 1 dump bank around all of the pick up banks that I use in each city of the state. I never let the dump pile up.
FYI, I've never pickup/dump 3 boxes @ a time.
hh :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8 boxes of halves a week.

3 or 4 boxes each of nickles and dimes

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 boxes of halves on order every two weeks, but other than that every week is different as I don't order coins. Instead I pick up whatever I can afford off the coin machines at a few different banks.

For the 8 weeks this year, it works out to a little over 33,000 coins per week on average which is a mix of all denominations with the number of pennies being about double of nickels, dimes, and quarters for total number of coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread