My best box of halves

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I picked up my best box of halves today. I figured it would be pretty decent when my first roll produced. I finished with 28 x 40%, no 90% at all, but I'm not complaining one bit.

I also got a 1968 magicians coin, I believe. I've seen some people post about them, but not too sure what they are all about. It's a double sided heads and sounds hollow. What's the deal with these, do they have any value?

Thanks & HH
bblair

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice box indeed, thats what keeps us interested

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got one of those Magician coins last week. Could'nt figure out how to open it. My son was paying with it , dropped it right on the edge on the kichen floor and it poped right open. Give it a try! (he loved it)

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice box. I've never heard of anyone finding a silver magicians coin. Maybe that means there is a double sided '68 rev. coin from the rev. of your coin somewhere. :)

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A double headed (or tailed) coin probably does not open.

The whole point of a nesting coin which fits together is that it can be examined after the trick and it appears to be an ungimmicked coin. It allows you to turn A and B into just an A, with the A appearing normal. If you end up with a two headed coin then obviously something is wrong. It would detract from the illusion of magic.

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My coin looks real on the outside as a half. When it opened there was a mexican coin on the inside. But the mexican was pressed into the half coin.. IDK

OP
OP
bblair

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, this coin is pretty weird. Doesn't seem like it will come apart, and sounds nothing like silver. But it's edge is like a dirty 40% half, that's how I pulled it from the roll.

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, where is the seam? If there is a seam near the rim of the reverse then it should come apart. If not, the the seam is on the edge and it will not come apart.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah baby! Now what were talking about!

OP
OP
bblair

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
penman77 said:
Also, where is the seam? If there is a seam near the rim of the reverse then it should come apart. If not, the the seam is on the edge and it will not come apart.
Yeah, after looking at it now, I see how it was made. Sucks that someone had to ruin 2 - 40% to make this!

I think I'll hold on to it for coin flips ;D

penman77

Dec 11, 2011
Eastern North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bblair said:
penman77 said:
Yeah, after looking at it now, I see how it was made. Sucks that someone had to ruin 2 - 40% to make this!

I think I'll hold on to it for coin flips ;D

It is as valuable as two 40%.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread