namster halves total 2/20-2/25/12 18 boxes

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another crappy week but I am undeterred. That walking liberty came in my last box of the week, it was sure a nice surprise. ;D Things over here go in waves, hot one month cold the next.

I picked up another ordering bank and also upped bank 2s volume by 3-4 boxes. Heres hoping the new bank pans out.

Bank 1:

1) Skunk
2) Skunk
3) Skunk

Bank 2:

1) 65
2) 69
3) 67, 68, 69
4) 63, 67x2
5) 64
6) Skunk
7) 69
8 ) Skunk
9) Skunk
10) 39

Bank 3:

1) Skunk
2) Skunk
3) Skunk
4) Skunk
5) Skunk

scaled.php

Upvote 0

Xiao en

Jan 30, 2012
Yourtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what shape is the walker in??

some is better than none, better luck in finding more in the next round.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
slim pickens' from my half boxes lately too - just 5 x 40% & 1 x 90% from my last 10 boxes.

Maybe we both can have a change of luck and hit a silver vein soon. :)

H$H!

Xiao en said:
what shape is the walker in??

some is better than none, better luck in finding more in the next round.

And might that Walker have a mm? I found a 1939S WL (mintage 2,552,000) with full rims in VG cond. in a box last month. No real numis. value in low grade but it's still nice finding a better date/ lower mintage coin.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
namster said:
Another crappy week but I am undeterred. That walking liberty came in my last box of the week, it was sure a nice surprise. ;D Things over here go in waves, hot one month cold the next.

I picked up another ordering bank and also upped bank 2s volume by 3-4 boxes. Heres hoping the new bank pans out.

Bank 1:

1) Skunk
2) Skunk
3) Skunk

Bank 2:

1) 65
2) 69
3) 67, 68, 69
4) 63, 67x2
5) 64
6) Skunk
7) 69
8 ) Skunk
9) Skunk
10) 39

Bank 3:

1) Skunk
2) Skunk
3) Skunk
4) Skunk
5) Skunk

I think you are running them dry with so many boxes a week :D

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The_EE said:
namster said:

Bank 1:

1) Skunk
2) Skunk
3) Skunk

Bank 2:

1) 65
2) 69
3) 67, 68, 69
4) 63, 67x2
5) 64
6) Skunk
7) 69
8 ) Skunk
9) Skunk
10) 39

Bank 3:

1) Skunk
2) Skunk
3) Skunk
4) Skunk
5) Skunk

I think you are running them dry with so many boxes a week :D

Yeah, I am going to cut down bank 1 and 3 to just a couple boxes/week. Obviously played out. I am hopign the smaller bank I added will be a good source. I asked about halves and the manager said no one ever asked for them before, but that he could order them for me. Here's hoping.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
You could mark a few coins to see if you are the sole person for draining them in your area. If you were the single person responsible for draining your area, then congrats. You have no one else to blame but yourself. LOL

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
You could mark a few coins to see if you are the sole person for draining them in your area. If you were the single person responsible for draining your area, then congrats. You have no one else to blame but yourself. LOL

I know of at least 3 others, not sure on their volume. I thought I drained it the first time this happened back in December, then it picked up again. :dontknow:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
namster said:
SFBayArea said:

I know of at least 3 others, not sure on their volume. I thought I drained it the first time this happened back in December, then it picked up again. :dontknow:

You won't know if yourself or others unless you mark. Just a thought. My guess is that you're the only person with that volume or else you would run into those others trying to take your boxes you ordered.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
namster said:
SFBayArea said:

You won't know if yourself or others unless you mark. Just a thought. My guess is that you're the only person with that volume or else you would run into those others trying to take your boxes you ordered.

Oh but they do. Quite frustrating actually.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
namster said:
SFBayArea said:
namster said:
SFBayArea said:

Oh but they do. Quite frustrating actually.

Is that why you only got 18 boxes this week? I recall you were doing more than that. But hey, they probably got skunked too. I had the same happen to me today. Went to pick up boxes that I didn't this week and found most boxes were taken. I'm gonna just go in on the day delivery shows up now.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I say keep up the volume Namster. Dump out of that banks loop and you should do fine. You will get back into the vein. With the volume you do, I cant see you being skunked for long.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan on keeping it going with bank 2, and also the new bank depending on how the first couple boxes go. There are 20-30 additional banks in the area to go through as well. The box I pulled 60 something silvers from, I have two boxes to go through from that bank this week. This area is vast, I cant believe I drained it myself. I do think this endeavor is becoming more popular, I have a lot of managers asking me what is going on, why so many people want halves. A 2-3 fold increase in hunters will end this little game of ours, that I am sure of.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
It may just depend on silver prices. When silver prices are at $50+ again that will likely increase interest in this hobby. But then there will always be customers cashing/depositing silver @ banks for whatever reasons - thankfully for us.

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SilverFace said:
It may just depend on silver prices. When silver prices are at $50+ again that will likely increase interest in this hobby. But then there will always be customers cashing/depositing silver @ banks for whatever reasons - thankfully for us.

Right, which is when I will shift concentration to CWRs. This is why good bank relationships is so important.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had pretty good luck over the past couple of years with the merchant teller at the bank I had the nice cwr score on Thurs. I think it was 2 years ago when I first got some halves from this same teller. I remember she had 10 '64 Kens right in her tray. I def. want to keep my good relationship with her. I'm going to make sure the next time I see her that I bring her some chocolate and that she still has my phone #.

And it's interesting that the cwr's I got on Thurs. clearly came from someone's collection but the cwr half score I had earlier this month from another bank were from gas stations the teller told me. So it sure seems there is always different people with different reasons keeping banks supplied with silver - thankfully. :)

OP
OP
namster

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
Is that why you only got 18 boxes this week? I recall you were doing more than that. But hey, they probably got skunked too. I had the same happen to me today. Went to pick up boxes that I didn't this week and found most boxes were taken. I'm gonna just go in on the day delivery shows up now.

Yup. They sniped some boxes from bank 1 and 2. I dont get why they dont just order their own lol.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
namster said:
SFBayArea said:

Yup. They sniped some boxes from bank 1 and 2. I dont get why they dont just order their own lol.

Well chances are they got what you got. Skunks. I honestly don't feel bad if I got sniped on a string of bad boxes. I just say "Thanks!" for making my work easier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread